GC: Canada vs Haiti - Thursday, July 15th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific Kansas City

35 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

2-0 or 3-1

Have a bad feeling we will give up a shaky goal. They don't have much up front but a guy like Etienne could cause some trouble.

mark me down for this as well. 2 goal win that feels like a 1 goal win.

16 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

7 of the players who started against us in Chicago will not be in Haiti’s squad tonight (COVID: Nazon, Durveger, Pierrot, Alceus - INJURED: Saba, Bazile - Domestic Club Pre-Season: Simoesen) 

Deedson and Geffrard who were on the bench are also out due to COVID. 

These are not insignificant players, we really need to take advantage of this

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

7 of the players who started against us in Chicago will not be in Haiti’s squad tonight (COVID: Nazon, Durveger, Pierrot, Alceus - INJURED: Saba, Bazile - Domestic Club Pre-Season: Simoesen) 

Deedson and Geffrard who were on the bench are also out due to COVID. 

Strange. All of their top players, except.... :)

Pros and cons to the lineup, but I'm happy to go with Herdman's call. Priority is to get through. Keeps building the chemistry in the "main" group. Guys on yellows be smart.

2 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

I could be wrong but I thought I remember someone posting here that cards get cleared after the group stage 

They do- but if you accumulate in the group stage the suspension is effective in the next match, including the quarter finals 

I’m probably one of the few who wanted to see a lot of rotation this game, part of this tourney should be giving fringe players a shot to see what they can do. I would have liked to see Corbeanu, Pasher, and/or Akinola start along with a few others. 

I know a win puts us through, but with a depleted Haiti squad our B team is still better on paper and I’d take the risk to test different players out. I just want us to go all out against the US, I’d take a tie but would love to beat them. Our guys on yellows better be careful. 

23.8.3. Single yellow cards will get eliminated at the end of the preliminary stage and at
the end of the Quarterfinals and shall not be carried over to the Semifinals of the
competition.
23.8.4. Two (2) cautions received in different games during The Competition shall result
in automatic suspension for the next game in The Competition.

https://stconcacafwp001.blob.core.windows.net/media/vu5ahqsc/2021_concacaf_gold_cup_regulation_-_eng.pdf

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Smart line-up. Glad to see Hoillet getting some rest. He is still getting into shape, and we need him for at least 60 vs. the Yanks. Hope we see a few guys off the bench, especially Pasher and Ayo.  We'll learn a lot about the character and depth of this squad tonight!  What I want to see most, aside from an overall strong performance and three points: Kaye having a great game. I expect him to step up tonight.

I like it. 

Play to win and lock up advancing.

Handle the US game how you want to handle US game once advancing out of group is secure with a win tonight. Better to play the US not needing a result. Plus Akinola will score against USA anyways :). 

GO Time boys. Let's get it!