Match Thread: July 11, 2021 - Cavalry v Ottawa

...and I guess the valid criticism would be that he should have been similarly unselfish on the earlier chance. He timed the run well but looks to me like he was probably offside when the earlier pass was made to him close to halfway so it probably should never have reached that point.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

This is the spot where posters comes in and says they love that he has a goalscorer mentality, he wants to take the chance himself.  The best attacking players are a little selfish, hot blooded they are high strung, get red cards etc etc.  

We are over thinking it.  Geesh...give the kid a break...one play doesnt stain him forever and a 17 year old should learn from this eh?  Maturity, decision making, those things SHOULD come.  But as we saw with David and his team mates at Lille, some guys never learn.   The exciting part for me was that me made the good runs, and was getting into the right spots to get scoring chances.  Hopefully this will give him the confidence to keep competing with the vets.  

...or alternatively he should listen respectfully and learn when a former CMNT striker provides some honest feedback rather than going full Gareth Wheeler. Good to see him getting playing time. Guys his age need to play regularly to develop which is why there's a niche for a lower budget D2 with teams like Edmonton Scottish, Calgary Foothills and FC Manitoba in CanPL markets to loan younger players out to that aren't getting the minutes they need.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

25 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...or alternatively he should listen respectfully and learn when a former CMNT striker provides some honest feedback rather than going full Gareth Wheeler. Good to see him getting playing time. Guys his age need to play regularly to develop which is why there's a niche for a lower budget D2 with teams like Edmonton Scottish, Calgary Foothills and FC Manitoba in CanPL markets to loan younger players out to that aren't getting the minutes they need.

Excited for that next piece to finally fall into place. Just hope they build a L1 for your Prairies and wherever else needed first so we have a consistent D3 across the board. Anyways that is for the other thread.