Match Thread: July 10, 2021 - Pacific v York United

50 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Ok, I missed Bustos time in Vancouver. Was he really that bad or something? I look at him and for the life of me he looks a lot better than most of the players they have now.

I think he’s come a long way since Vancouver, but in the games I remember him playing with the first team he looked outmatched physically. I think he was being misused though 

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Ok, I missed Bustos time in Vancouver. Was he really that bad or something? I look at him and for the life of me he looks a lot better than most of the players they have now.

He was non consequential. He'd spin and turn in the middle then get lost. He had limited range. I'm still not sure he's fully MLS level but I think now he'd do more. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with being clearly the best player in the league. As long as he's happy and feels that he is being remunerated fairly. If he wants to test his abilities at a higher level, there are plenty of leagues in the fairly sizable talent gap between CPL and MLS.

Edited by jonovision

6 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Great strike.  Terrible defending.  Any defender should know Bustos doesn’t have a left foot nor a lot of speed so the defender should have showed him down the line and not let him cut back into the middle

Doesn't have a right foot, shown to comedic effect at least once in his Valour days.

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Great strike.  Terrible defending.  Any defender should know Bustos doesn’t have a left foot nor a lot of speed so the defender should have showed him down the line and not let him cut back into the middle

I thought the defending on his first goal was actually worse. Neither defender tracked his late run to the penalty spot at all. He had acres of space. For the second goal, the defender had literally just shown Bustos the line the attack before, and Bustos burned him and would have set up a tap in for another Pacific player if not for a last ditch clearance by the other CB. He would've done it again on that 2 vs 2 rush, but instead hit a curler from the corner of the box

Edited by Aird25

Missed this entirely yesterday. Was doing something else. Not at all surprised at the result though, I have to wonder if Valour's comments on their social media on York the other day fired us up, because we looked a totally different side.