GC: Canada vs Martinique - Sunday, July 11th, 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific Kansas City

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

Just curious, wouldn't these people be flagged next time they enter the United States? Such individuals would be on record as entering the USA twice without exiting once, as far as the boarder agents would be concerned, wouldn't they? Very curious to know what happens in that case. Probably depends on how vigilant the agents are, I suppose.

Edit: I see the rainbow bridge is a land border crossing with agents, so scratch that. 

Edit #2: I think I have actually crossed this border, on multiple occasions in fact, just never knew the name lol

Edit #3: Shouldn't you technically be able to cross by foot at most border crossings, if not all? If so you wouldn't have to be based in the GTA.

I'm not 100% if all border crossings have an option for foot traffic...I dont think I've seen a foot traffic bridge in Windsor-Detroit on the Ambassador Bridge

I was in quarantine because I returned to Canada from Texas on June 30....drove to Buffalo on Tuesday and spent the day there and then came back across at the Peace Bridge yesterday....up until yesterday the times I crossed there was only one lane open for vehicles and there were never more than 1-2 cars ahead of me...yesterday there was 6 lanes open and each had 4-5 cars in it so just the dual citizens using the land border has definitely increased now that the quarantine is lifted for those fully vaxxed....I can't imagine the airports right now

29 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

I was in quarantine because I returned to Canada from Texas on June 30....drove to Buffalo on Tuesday and spent the day there and then came back across at the Peace Bridge yesterday....up until yesterday the times I crossed there was only one lane open for vehicles and there were never more than 1-2 cars ahead of me...yesterday there was 6 lanes open and each had 4-5 cars in it so just the dual citizens using the land border has definitely increased now that the quarantine is lifted for those fully vaxxed....I can't imagine the airports right now

People are definitely using the 2-dose vaccine exemption for leisure travel.

26 minutes ago, jtpc said:

From the Gold Cup Twitter account: A montage of every CanMNT goal from the 2019 Gold Cup! 🙌

Sets the mood nicely for Sunday! 😀

Actually makes me kinda sad that Arfield won't be there 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Actually makes me kinda sad that Arfield won't be there 

Some people say our 21 squad is better than our 19 squad, but I am not sure. 

In addition to Arfield, we are also missing Hutchinson, Borjan and David (the biggest omission). 

Other players like Godinho are an addition by subtraction.

Out: Scott Arfield, Atiba Hutchinson, Milan Borjan, Jonathan David, Marcus Godinho, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Nobel Okello, Russell Teibert, Will Johnson, Ashtone Morgan, Liam Millar, Derek Cornelius

In: Ayo Akinola, Tajon Buchanan, Scott Kennedy, Liam Fraser, Tyler Pasher, Alistair Johnston, Dayne St. Clair, Theo Corbanu, Harry Paton, Richie Laryea, Stephen Eustaquio, Steven Vitoria

Kind of hard to say, right? Although we lost a few players at the top of the roster, the bottom of the roster is much stronger this time around. 

Edited by Obinna

35 minutes ago, Obinna said:

In addition to Arfield, we are also missing Hutchinson, Borjan and David (the biggest omission). 

Out: Scott Arfield, Atiba Hutchinson, Milan Borjan, Jonathan David, Marcus Godinho, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Nobel Okello, Russell Teibert, Will Johnson, Ashtone Morgan, Liam Millar, Derek Cornelius

In: Ayo Akinola, Tajon Buchanan, Scott Kennedy, Liam Fraser, Tyler Pasher, Alistair Johnston, Dayne St. Clair, Theo Corbanu, Harry Paton, Richie Laryea, Stephen Eustaquio, Steven Vitoria

Kind of hard to say, right? Although we lost a few players at the top of the roster, the bottom of the roster is much stronger this time around. 

So we lost 4 starting caliber players but we brought in about 7 players who I think anyone would be happy seeing the pitch with a full strength squad: Buchanan, Kennedy, Eustaquio, Laryea, Johnston, Vitoria, Akinola. 

We’re definitely a lot more well rounded. You also can’t discount the improvements of certain players such as Davies and Larin. I don’t think one could argue that anyone has regressed.

Edited by CanadaFan123

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

Kamal Miller, ZBG, and Davies (at LB) were pretty green and sadly related to our horrible backline. Even Henry had just started playing after like 3 years of injuries. 

6 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not matter what happens in the future, I will always love Scott Arfield for the win against the States and what that showed we can do.  That said I am very happy to have Eustaquio in that spot for a number of years and think it is a step up and possible a big step up.  

Possibly. Hopefully.  Fingers and toes crossed!

7 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not matter what happens in the future, I will always love Scott Arfield for the win against the States and what that showed we can do.  That said I am very happy to have Eustaquio in that spot for a number of years and think it is a step up and possible a big step up.  

Eustaqiuo and Arfield arent really similar players. I think they would work very well in the midfield together and its not an either/or situation

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Eustaqiuo and Arfield arent really similar players. I think they would work very well in the midfield together and its not an either/or situation

I don't disagree.  My post was in general response the roster spot changes between Gold Cups.  One is out and one is in this year.

If Arfield wants to be a part of WCQ, we can certainly use him especially in the three match windows.

6 hours ago, gator said:

I think Godinho looked quite good at the Olympic Qualifying compared to the younger out of match fitness version of him we saw at the last Gold Cup!

I agree…but his club career has regressed.