GC: Canada vs Martinique - Sunday, July 11th, 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific Kansas City

4 minutes ago, RS said:

I wouldn't worry about the TV production values or quality of the facility. Those are generally top-notch at Gold Cups.

The quality of play and refereeing will obviously be a big step down, but so what? It's our national team.

Lol. Should have put the /s at the end. 

I'm just happy all 3 games are at same venue this time. Last Gold Cup was a joke, wasn't it something like 3000+km within 5 days, 3 different time zones, all different climates with different humidity levels. 

Anyways, with games being in KC and #1 priority being prep for WCQ I think we see minimal player rotation, at least at the start of games. Agree completely with above,  use formations and in game formation adjustments we are going to roll out during WCQ.  

Incredible opportunity for WCQ prep.

We have 5 subs, so new players can be integrated etc as the game progresses.

Edited by apbsmith
Spelling

4 hours ago, mrstepp817 said:

Wonder how many Canadians are considering flying in for this one.....with the border rules loosened and no quarantine for fully vaxxed folks wonder if any V's are coming in for some soccer and BBQ

I'm a Canadian currently living in the US, and the US border is still closed to Canadians for non-essential travel purposes, despite how essential we view the Gold Cup to be. 

10 minutes ago, frattinator said:

I'm a Canadian currently living in the US, and the US border is still closed to Canadians for non-essential travel purposes, despite how essential we view the Gold Cup to be. 

"Yes sir, that's correct. Travelling to Kansas City to spend time with umm...my uncle John. Yes sir, it's a family emergency. He needs my support".  

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

"Yes sir, that's correct. Travelling to Kansas City to spend time with umm...my uncle John. Yes sir, it's a family emergency. He needs my support".  

I have had several friends who have went back and forth to the states. Flied to Atlanta, and LA, returned in Buffalo, walked across the rainbow bridge back to Ontario  avoiding the hotel quarantine.

In other words how much do you really want to go?

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

I have had several friends who have went back and forth to the states. Flied to Atlanta, and LA, returned in Buffalo, walked across the rainbow bridge back to Ontario  avoiding the hotel quarantine.

In other words how much do you really want to go?

Obviously what I said before don't apply to dual citizens or people with a Green Card (US permanent residence), but I've been trying to find a way for my mom to join me in the US for my wedding and everything we've looked at so far says she would be rejected at the border. 

20 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Obviously what I said before don't apply to dual citizens or people with a Green Card (US permanent residence), but I've been trying to find a way for my mom to join me in the US for my wedding and everything we've looked at so far says she would be rejected at the border. 

Not if she flies!

34 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Couldn't you just have the wedding in Canada? I am sure they have splendid banquet halls at the quarantine camp...I mean hotel.

In all seriousness though, I feel for yah man. Hope you can get that all sorted out. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not if she flies!

This is it @frattinator

I don’t know where you are. But being from the GTA, she’ll have to fly back to Buffalo and walk across the bridge to avoid the quarantine hotel to quarantine at home. 

Depending on her age, that also might not be ideal.

2 hours ago, frattinator said:

I believe Canadians can fly into the US for non-essential reasons they just can't drive across the land border (unless you are a US Citizen) the biggest thing now is when returning if you are fully vaxxed you dont have to quarantine in Canada 

3 hours ago, Shway said:

This is it @frattinator

I don’t know where you are. But being from the GTA, she’ll have to fly back to Buffalo and walk across the bridge to avoid the quarantine hotel to quarantine at home. 

Depending on her age, that also might not be ideal.

Just curious, wouldn't these people be flagged next time they enter the United States? Such individuals would be on record as entering the USA twice without exiting once, as far as the boarder agents would be concerned, wouldn't they? Very curious to know what happens in that case. Probably depends on how vigilant the agents are, I suppose.

Edit: I see the rainbow bridge is a land border crossing with agents, so scratch that. 

Edit #2: I think I have actually crossed this border, on multiple occasions in fact, just never knew the name lol

Edit #3: Shouldn't you technically be able to cross by foot at most border crossings, if not all? If so you wouldn't have to be based in the GTA.

Edited by Obinna