Match Thread: June 27, 2021 - Forge v Valour

The match played out close to what I expected, you can't be this far behind your opponent in match fitness and expect much different, full credit to Valour who played the perfect game, it remains to be seen how good Forge will be when they are up to fitness! Teams can become stale regardless of the skill set, I think it is too early to say that's what has happened to Forge but there are some areas of concern namely the back 4, they looked vulnerable on every counter and I sure hope Jakovich is just out of match fitness because he was terrible!

28 minutes ago, gator said:

The match played out close to what I expected, you can't be this far behind your opponent in match fitness and expect much different, full credit to Valour who played the perfect game, it remains to be seen how good Forge will be when they are up to fitness! Teams can become stale regardless of the skill set, I think it is too early to say that's what has happened to Forge but there are some areas of concern namely the back 4, they looked vulnerable on every counter and I sure hope Jakovich is just out of match fitness because he was terrible!

Defensively, it wasn't the best game. I'm not used to seeing Krutzen misplace so many passes but I'm confident that he'll bounce back. Grant and Kwame looked pretty dangerous going forward. 

Props to Valour, small sample size but Rea looks like the real deal and will surely be in the Best U-21 award contention. Austin Ricci finally reaped the rewards of his offensive efforts. They're going to be a dangerous squad once all of their signings come in to bolster the lineup.

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Austin Ricci finally reaped the rewards of his offensive efforts. They're going to be a dangerous squad once all of their signings come in to bolster the lineup.

Agreed. Ricci looked dangerous often. It will be interesting to see how he does over the balance of the season.