2021 Voyageurs Cup

5 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how they’re deciding the host for each round with there only being 1 leg ties. 

Getting ahead of myself, but hoping Pacific get to host a semifinal match.

I read that it was a draw. 

But I'm convinced a lot of it is doctored.

11 minutes ago, gator said:

I haven't seen a proper draw which shows where the semi finals are played, does anyone know where the Forge vs Montreal/Halifax will be played?

I thought I read it was in Hamilton, but that may be just wishful thinking.

I thought the crowd, though not overly large last night, was pretty enthusiastic. Seemed like most actually knew this game was important!

3 hours ago, narduch said:

The semi finals are set. They can't be played next week as 3 of the 4 clubs have scheduling conflicts. TFC and Montreal have MLS games and Forge has Concacaf League.

There is supposed to be a coin flip to decide who hosts.

image.png.8f5df30e9bc763f52277b2f1182a1063.png

That sucks. What happened to the "smaller" club getting to host?

And PFC have a league game the same night as TFC.

37 minutes ago, ted said:

That sucks. What happened to the "smaller" club getting to host?

And PFC have a league game the same night as TFC.

I'm pretty sure they did a draw for the quarter finals too.

This is looking to be a scheduling head ache.

They may have to play the semis during the international break

Yeah, I don't think many people would call TFC "smaller" than York United, and yet TFC hosted, although obviously that decision doesn't avoid a smaller team having to get on a plane.

The games didn't go CPL's way last night, but 2 more games against MLS competition in the next round. I'm looking forward to it even though York United are eliminated.

53 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I don't think many people would call TFC "smaller" than York United, and yet TFC hosted,

I thought York agreed to let TFC host? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

In the FA Cup in England, the team that gets drawn to host can let the "bigger" team host for a share of the gate revenue. It is one away small clubs can make some money from these games.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I don't think many people would call TFC "smaller" than York United, and yet TFC hosted, although obviously that decision doesn't avoid a smaller team having to get on a plane.

The games didn't go CPL's way last night, but 2 more games against MLS competition in the next round. I'm looking forward to it even though York United are eliminated.

I'm hoping the final will be CPL v MLS too

4 hours ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

I'm disappointed.  Was hoping to head to Van Isle to see this one.  The Pacific vs Whitecaps game was the most fun I've had a game in a long time and my my lost.

I was being selfish and looking strictly through my Spark Orange spectacles, it would have been great for Pacific to host TFC, there would be more interest than there will be in Toronto I believe!

On 8/27/2021 at 11:27 PM, ted said:

True dat...As a TFC SSH my bro and I have essentially decided to transfer it to next season.  We wanted to go to the first TFC match for the fans, but couldn't get it.  It was proving harder than I realize to get the tickets.  As TFC continues their performance, there is less incentive for us to go.  We would end up deciding to focus on going to Canada's games which the energy level is unbelievable and enjoyable.  As for the "Battle of York" local derby, yeah we are interested but the longer they delay selling the tickets the harder it is for us to plan for (we both got families with young kids). OMG and we got him fired?!? https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/playersbest/vancouver-whitecaps-fc-part-ways-with-head-coach-marc-dos-santos

Agree on that, good candidate for the Laval team (if that ever happens ofc)

Edited by keeko

8 hours ago, gator said:

there would be more interest than there will be in Toronto I believe!

The state of TFC.... Most definitely.

I almost think there could be more revenue made if Pacific host. And I think TFC should give it up, for the blessing they received this year as being given CCL representers for Canada.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:10 AM, gator said:

I was being selfish and looking strictly through my Spark Orange spectacles, it would have been great for Pacific to host TFC, there would be more interest than there will be in Toronto I believe!

As a TFC fan - playing this game in Victoria sounds like a great idea. Helps make up for the loss of the Canada friendlies at the beginning of the Covid emergency.

I'm looking forward to the return of the home and away format.

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

As a TFC fan - playing this game in Victoria sounds like a great idea. Helps make up for the loss of the Canada friendlies at the beginning of the Covid emergency.

I'm looking forward to the return of the home and away format.

It was mentioned on TSN tonight that the VCup semi-finals are most likely going to be played during the international break. It would mean Toronto and Montreal not having their internationals for these pivotal matches.