2021 Voyageurs Cup

4 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I, and many others, went to exchange gear at half time only to learn that the deal stopped at kickoff. I was stuck walking around with a Whitecaps hat and jersey for the remainder of the game. How embarrassing. Brilliant concept, but not well thought out imo. Still a brilliant night though

Damn. We should have swapped MDS for Kah before the game.

5 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Lol I argued all this with the lady at the store to no avail. Well, all of it apart from the heathen starfish bit. This, and nobody joining me on the 'you're getting sacked in the morning' song were the only blemishes on a great night 

OMG and we got him fired?!?

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/vancouver-whitecaps-fc-part-ways-with-head-coach-marc-dos-santosw

On 8/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, Aird25 said:

I, and many others, went to exchange gear at half time only to learn that the deal stopped at kickoff. I was stuck walking around with a Whitecaps hat and jersey for the remainder of the game. How embarrassing. Brilliant concept, but not well thought out imo. Still a brilliant night though

You are right about one thing.  A brilliant concept it was.  We went home with 2 jerseys and a scarf.  They were advertising it all week on the Instagram page that it was from 5:00pm to kickoff.

As a TFC supporter and season ticket holder I can honestly say that if the Reds don't get their head on straight  before this match they could be in trouble. No doubt in my mind Jim will have his York squad ready for their trek down to the lake. It will be in the middle of a 6 match in 18 day stretch for the Reds so fully expect some serious squad rotation or even call ups from TFC II, we shall see. 

12 hours ago, Cblake said:

As a TFC supporter and season ticket holder I can honestly say that if the Reds don't get their head on straight  before this match they could be in trouble. No doubt in my mind Jim will have his York squad ready for their trek down to the lake. It will be in the middle of a 6 match in 18 day stretch for the Reds so fully expect some serious squad rotation or even call ups from TFC II, we shall see. 

I hope they play a lot of young Canadians. If they play their veteran American players and beat York the game will never be really exciting for a TFC fan. If they beat York with a young Canadian squad it potentially could rival the Whitecaps v Pacific game for me.

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

I hope they play a lot of young Canadians. If they play their veteran American players and beat York the game will never be really exciting for a TFC fan. If they beat York with a young Canadian squad it potentially could rival the Whitecaps v Pacific game for me.

Its an interesting predicament for Perez. He could roll out Pozuelo, Soteldo etc and if they are clicking run over York, but getting some of the young Canadians the Reds have out their could be interesting on a whole other level. The one thing the Reds want to avoid in coming out dead and being lacklusture, that would be trouble for them. 

4 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Its an interesting predicament for Perez. He could roll out Pozuelo, Soteldo etc and if they are clicking run over York, but getting some of the young Canadians the Reds have out their could be interesting on a whole other level. The one thing the Reds want to avoid in coming out dead and being lacklusture, that would be trouble for them. 

I think you could play those 2 with a young team. It could be very competitive.

Perruzza
Solteldo                  Pozuelo             Marshall-Rutty/Nelson
                  Okello                        Osorio
Lawrence        Mavinga/Singh         Dunn        Laryea
                                        Bono

Bring on Shaffelburg after Solteldo has been running all game. Disappointing there is no Canadian option for GK or LB.

2 hours ago, nfitz said:

TFC haven't started sales yet on the September 14 MLS game at BMO, let alone the September 22 (?) Voyageurs Cup game.

If you believe TFC's website (and I don't), the game against York, is actually on September 14 in Orlando! :)

image.png.b87c9f3dc57107d92eeb74d4e27f9b50.png

I wonder of TFC will make the York game free for season ticket holders.

I noticed that the COVID protocols website for BMO field (when I was checking it for the Honduras game) now has a date for the fully vaxxed requirement, and it is Sept. 22nd, so the day of the York United game. Maybe they are still working on the logistics of that before they sell the tickets?

16 hours ago, narduch said:

I wonder of TFC will make the York game free for season ticket holders.

I would not be surprised if something along those lines happened. Capacity is at 15K right now and to be honest having attended a number of games they have not even been reaching that. It is not all that surprising considering how the Reds season has been going and the fact that season ticket holders can pick and choose which games they want to attend. 

40 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I would not be surprised if something along those lines happened. Capacity is at 15K right now and to be honest having attended a number of games they have not even been reaching that. It is not all that surprising considering how the Reds season has been going and the fact that season ticket holders can pick and choose which games they want to attend. 

True dat...As a TFC SSH my bro and I have essentially decided to transfer it to next season.  We wanted to go to the first TFC match for the fans, but couldn't get it.  It was proving harder than I realize to get the tickets.  As TFC continues their performance, there is less incentive for us to go.  We would end up deciding to focus on going to Canada's games which the energy level is unbelievable and enjoyable.  As for the "Battle of York" local derby, yeah we are interested but the longer they delay selling the tickets the harder it is for us to plan for (we both got families with young kids).

28 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

True dat...As a TFC SSH my bro and I have essentially decided to transfer it to next season.  We wanted to go to the first TFC match for the fans, but couldn't get it.  It was proving harder than I realize to get the tickets.  As TFC continues their performance, there is less incentive for us to go.  We would end up deciding to focus on going to Canada's games which the energy level is unbelievable and enjoyable.  As for the "Battle of York" local derby, yeah we are interested but the longer they delay selling the tickets the harder it is for us to plan for (we both got families with young kids).

Yep, the Reds have a their first game after the break a week from today and not a single ticket has been sold as the season ticket holders have not been told when they can secure their tickets. I am hoping some communication comes out soon. 

30 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Yep, the Reds have a their first game after the break a week from today and not a single ticket has been sold as the season ticket holders have not been told when they can secure their tickets. I am hoping some communication comes out soon. 

I usually go to every home game but I may only go to Canadian Championship games now and maybe try to get to a TFC 2 game if they keep putting lineups like they had last week out.

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

I usually go to every home game but I may only go to Canadian Championship games now and maybe try to get to a TFC 2 game if they keep putting lineups like they had last week out.

I agree these TFC matches are getting harder and harder to watch and enjoy. I still can not believe we have at least 9 home games left this season.