2021 Voyageurs Cup

My family is already getting annoyed with all the "must watch" soccer games I've been watching. Olympics start tomorrow for the Canadian women's team, and now we get this schedule too. I'm in trouble. York United better be able to get passed Master's, I'd love to see them play at BMO against TFC!!! Makes me almost wish Armas was still coaching TFC (yes, I am a TFC fan, but CPL comes first).

1 hour ago, Kent said:

My family is already getting annoyed with all the "must watch" soccer games I've been watching. Olympics start tomorrow for the Canadian women's team, and now we get this schedule too. I'm in trouble. York United better be able to get passed Master's, I'd love to see them play at BMO against TFC!!! Makes me almost wish Armas was still coaching TFC (yes, I am a TFC fan, but CPL comes first).

Seriously.  

“There are some key early World Cup Qualification matches I need to watch.   Well of course I am going to watch the Euros - they are huge.  Oh this?  That’s the Copa America.  Look, there’s Neymar on the ground.  You know him.   Come on, of course I can’t watch the Euros and the Copa and then skip the Gold Cup, our regional equivalent.  I wouldn’t be much of a fan if I did that.  No, no Davies or David.  Oh, don’t get me started - it’s a whole thing.   And by the way, the CPL just started up so I have to support the league.  It is hugely important to Canadian footy.  Yes, of course I have to watch some MLS games too - lots of Canadians playing there.  Well not so much playing but they are on the bench and might get subbed in.   What’s that?  No, World Cup Qualification isn’t over - we play a whole slew of crazy-important games over the next year or so.  Yeah, I may even need to make a couple of trips to Toronto to watch a couple.  No, sorry - that’s not all of them.   There are also a bunch of Voyageurs Cup games as well.  

Where are you going with the kids?”

18 hours ago, Kent said:

The other day I was watching a CPL game and my wife walked in and ask who was winning. I told her it was tied because I didn't want to explain more

4 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

The 3 Byes went to Toronto and Forge as the 2020 Finalist and Montreal as the 2019 Champions, at least that was the CSA's reasoning.

Well we know the draw was doctored to make it Regional.

So basically they can make up any reason they want.

I went back to look at the 2020 draw. The 4 byes went to the 2019 semi finalists.

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

MDS was apparently annoyed, as they changed the rules on byes. I like they Voyageurs Cup but the CSA needs to clarify what their rules are and then stop tinkering with it every single year.

I think they are going to have to tinker with it for many years due to the ever changing landscape of Canadian Soccer.

8 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I think they are going to have to tinker with it for many years due to the ever changing landscape of Canadian Soccer.

The number of teams will cause some format changes, yes. But they've switched terms of being granted the bye, and that should be a little more established. 

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

MDS was apparently annoyed, as they changed the rules on byes. I like they Voyageurs Cup but the CSA needs to clarify what their rules are and then stop tinkering with it every single year.

They have had to tinker as we have had 2 years of pandemic. I expect things will be come more standardized once they are actually able to plan in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SoccMan said:

I’ll call it right now York United will beat TFC , this TFC team could not beat an U 18 girls team . 3-1 York United .

Nothing against TFC, but that would be an awesome result.  Would love to see CPL teams get a couple of big results against their MLS counterparts.  Good for the league if they can show they can compete.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Nothing against TFC, but that would be an awesome result.  Would love to see CPL teams get a couple of big results against their MLS counterparts.  Good for the league if they can show they can compete.  

ESPECIALLY against TFC. Their fans seem to be the most anti-CanPL.

Most York United fans also support TFC. Not me, I personally wouldn't care if they went bust.