Carson Buschman-Dormond

bfque8

From FCZ's article - FCZ sports director Marinko Jurendic commented on the newcomer: "Carson is a young player who has exceptional physical properties for his age, combined with good technique and mentality. We are very pleased that Carson has chosen FCZ. He should develop with us and establish itself in the Super League."

Had two goals and three assists in 12 league games for Tulevik this season, starting and going 90' in 12 of the 14 games he was eligible for - including 8 straight starts - in a left wing/left-mid role for the club, after signing for them back in February. This is also technically his second stint with Tulevik, after trialling for them a couple years back (too young to sign officially at the time).

Personally, I love the move because it's a no-risk move that really can only end positively for the guy, between the increased eyeballs that comes with the Swiss SuperLeague and the higher level of play. Gonna be interesting to see how he does over the course of his loan.

It also happens that his two goals with Tulevik were uh... I'll let the tape speak for itself:

Edited by bfque8

First time hearing of this player, but FC Zurich is quite an impressive move. I'm surprised it's a loan considering the huge step up from the Estonian First Division, but I'd imagine there must be a loan-to-buy clause on there.

FC Zurich seems to pop up pretty frequently in our Canadian soccer bubble, and hopefully he has a better track record than the last two. Yann-Alexandre Fillion didn't appear once over 4 years at Zurich, while Alain Rochat became the Switzerland version of Teal Bunbury by choosing one Swiss cap over a decade of CanMNT letdowns.

5 hours ago, bfque8 said:

From FCZ's article - FCZ sports director Marinko Jurendic commented on the newcomer: "Carson is a young player who has exceptional physical properties for his age, combined with good technique and mentality. We are very pleased that Carson has chosen FCZ. He should develop with us and establish itself in the Super League."

Had two goals and three assists in 12 league games for Tulevik this season, starting and going 90' in 12 of the 14 games he was eligible for - including 8 straight starts - in a left wing/left-mid role for the club, after signing for them back in February. This is also technically his second stint with Tulevik, after trialling for them a couple years back (too young to sign officially at the time).

Personally, I love the move because it's a no-risk move that really can only end positively for the guy, between the increased eyeballs that comes with the Swiss SuperLeague and the higher level of play. Gonna be interesting to see how he does over the course of his loan.

It also happens that his two goals with Tulevik were uh... I'll let the tape speak for itself:

In the preview image for the second video I thought it was the ref pushing the player in yellow. And I thought the Scottish league was rough!

1 hour ago, Buchta said:

The Swiss league is not bad for a mid-level European league.  I was a little surprised to see that the league is ranked 20th in UEFA coefficients.

I think it is because they have no one team getting European results. Although Basel had a run a few years back, and years ago Young Boys or Grasshopper (always found it interesting how Swiss clubs are some of the oldest on the continent, as it is not the most logical fast connection with England in the 1890s).

That higher rating used to happen for Norway with Rosenborg (I have no idea why they dropped off). The Austrian rating is largely based on RB Salzburg. 

With the exception of the exceptions, Swiss league is like Austria or the Scandinavians.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think it is because they have no one team getting European results. Although Basel had a run a few years back, and years ago Young Boys or Grasshopper (always found it interesting how Swiss clubs are some of the oldest on the continent, as it is not the most logical fast connection with England in the 1890s).

That higher rating used to happen for Norway with Rosenborg (I have no idea why they dropped off). The Austrian rating is largely based on RB Salzburg. 

With the exception of the exceptions, Swiss league is like Austria or the Scandinavians.

Answering re: Norway: it's a lot closer in terms of competition at the top within the Eliteserien nowadays, especially with RBK falling by the wayside and now mostly Molde carrying the co-eff. On the whole, clubs are just having a tough time navigating away legs.

5 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

First time hearing of this player, but FC Zurich is quite an impressive move. I'm surprised it's a loan considering the huge step up from the Estonian First Division, but I'd imagine there must be a loan-to-buy clause on there.

FC Zurich seems to pop up pretty frequently in our Canadian soccer bubble, and hopefully he has a better track record than the last two. Yann-Alexandre Fillion didn't appear once over 4 years at Zurich, while Alain Rochat became the Switzerland version of Teal Bunbury by choosing one Swiss cap over a decade of CanMNT letdowns.

I'm hopeful, considering the amount of eyes that go on the Swiss SL from a scouting perspective - as for the move itself though, yeah, it's a two-year loan with an option-to-buy included.

Watched a couple of his matches awhile ago. From what i remember, he's got a great cross, can be flashy on the ball taking on players 1v1, just maybe missing that little bit of explosive speed to really get by his defenders. Stood out for a pretty bad team, think he definitely can play in a better league. Will be interesting to see how he does with Zurich.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...