Gloire Amanda

bfque8

2 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

If he hits 10 goals, he replaces Tesho as our fifth choice striker😂 god, I hate depth sometimes. Same deal with ZBG.

Hold that thought-- Akinola is out for the year... fourth choice?

I guess that depends on Jebbison's commitment as well. Is Amanda an out and out striker though or more of a winger?

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I guess that depends on Jebbison's commitment as well. Is Amanda an out and out striker though or more of a winger?

Not sure if he's a winger or striker but it's not like we need another winger... Buchannan or Laryea? One gets left out and has to sub on as is.

42 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Not sure if he's a winger or striker but it's not like we need another winger... Buchannan or Laryea? One gets left out and has to sub on as is.

Doesn't have to be the case-- I suspect Herdman will play with a 4-4-2 for WCQs, meaning Laryea can be LB/RB and Buchanan can be RM.

David Larin

Davies Eustaquio Atiba Buchanan

Laryea Kennedy Miller Johnston

OR

Adekugbe Kennedy Miller Laryea

For fullbacks, it's form-based or dependent on what we need that game. Maybe play Laryea and Johnston if we need to be more defensive, or play Laryea and Adekugbe if we can afford to push up a bit more. Please don't fixate on the CBs, I know it's unrealistic but that would just be my personal preference.

And bringing on Buchanan in the 65th minute against tired back-lines might not be the worst idea. Depth!

Edited by SwedishBadMan

49 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Jebbison ain't coming any time soon. He will eventually, I am sure of that, but I don't even know if he's earned the call-up yet. He's still below David, Larin, Akinola, Cavallini. Why bring 4 CFs to a World Cup anyway?

Watched the last 20 or so minutes of Klagenfurt's game after Amanda came on.  4-3 win for them.

He looked a little rusty, a couple poor passes but they were really good in transition and he ran hard and took up good positions. One goal for each side after his introduction.

Overall though, they look in a constant state of panic on defence.  They had two defenders sent off last week, so maybe missing them?

On 6/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, Shway said:

….and just like that he’s shot into our depth chart. Thing is he missed his opportunity (Gold Cup). Unless he tears up the Austrian league, there’s a possibility we won’t see his opportunity can only come after 2022. 

Might be the perfect guy to call in for a friendly down the road or Camp Poutine etc....but with the grind of the Octo you can never have too much depth..depending on other CF's club situation, injury situation if 30 guys get called in a window maybe he gets called in as a "camp body"  This Octo grind is gonna be a real numbers game especially in the three match windows

• 2 weeks later...

Amanda is suspended for this week after picking up a red last week (I saw it and didn't think it was a red, he was shooting, got to the ball first and his follow through hit the blocking defender on the thigh).   They did only give him one match though.  

Some Google Translate wins in the reporting.

"The criminal senate bans Gloire Amanda ..."

https://sportreport.biz/2021/08/16/strafsenat-sperrt-gloire-amanda-austria-klagenfurt-wallace-menezes-dos-santos-austria-lustenau-josip-martinovic-vorwaerts-steyr-florian-jamnig-wacker-innsbruck-und-admira-co-trainer-michael/

Another gives more details and I agree with the coach. 

"Klagenfurt poker players Gloire Amanda holds after his controversial red card in 1: 1 against Austria Vienna on Sunday, a lock out. The striker is withdrawn from circulation by the Bundesliga for one game because of "rough play".

Amanda rose to Georg Teigl after a shot movement on the ankle and flew off the pitch after interventions by the VAR in stoppage time.

Klagenfurt coach Peter Pacult hoped for an acquittal by the Bundesliga criminal senate after the game so that Amanda could avoid what he thought was an unjust punishment - in vain. "Otherwise we have to stop playing football . These are decisions that destroy football," complained Pacult to "Sky".

Amanda missed Klagenfurt's away game against Red Bull Salzburg "

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/bundesliga/news/austria-klagenfurts-amanda-nach-umstrittenem-rot-gesperrt/

Edit: If you have a VPN that will give you Austria, you can see the incident in the second link at 2:40. Or maybe it will work for you but it was geo-blocked originally for me. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...