Canada's Octo Schedule

TGAA_Star

41 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i like what you're thinking. also, look for the costa rica game in novermber to possibly be in winnipeg or ottawa (just my prediction). bmo, bc place, and commonwealth all have cfl games that weekend.

and i'm pretty sure the Ticos have grass at their home stadium.

Thanks for the info, especially with the CFL factor.

Or another list possible for home games for Canada should the federal government allow it

September 2nd, 2021- Honduras- Stade Saputo (Montreal)

September 8th, 2021- El Salvador- Stade Saputo (Montréal)

October 13th, 2021- Panama- BMO Field (Toronto)

November 2021- Costa Rica- TD Place (Ottawa in our nation's capital)

November 2021- Mexico- IG Field- (Winnipeg)

January 30th, 2022- USA- BC Place- (Vancouver)

March 27th, 2022- Jamaica- BMO Field- (Toronto)

12 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Or another list possible for home games for Canada should the federal government allow it

2/9,8/9 and 27/3 not very good for home support especially the first two.

3 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

2/9,8/9 and 27/3 not very good for home support especially the first two.

Yeah that would be true but then I figure if we play in Montréal for our first 2 home qualifiers, it would be a great atmosphere but then again that's just me. I could very well be wrong and they decide to play elsewhere in Canada but Montréal would be a great place to play in especially if they lift restrictions by September.

13 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah that would be true but then I figure if we play in Montréal for our first 2 home qualifiers, it would be a great atmosphere but then again that's just me. I could very well be wrong and they decide to play elsewhere in Canada but Montréal would be a great place to play in especially if they lift restrictions by September.

The atmosphere is better (for us) when the majority of fans cheer for home team. I'll never forget that Can/Hon game at Saputo with Hon fans and their kids (born and raised here I bet) booing our team. I live in Mtl so for me it would be great but I'm sure the team (and I) wouldn't want to go thru that again with better options available.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:40 AM, Alex said:

Take from this what you will. I thought it would be a fun exercise to look back at the 2 most recent games (of any kind) versus each oct opponent:

Vs Mexico 2L 3-1, 2-0

Vs USA 1W 1 L 2-0, 4-1 

Vs El Salvador 1W 1L 3-1, 1-0

Vs Jamaica 1W 1L 2-0, 2-1

Vs Honduras 1D 1L 0-0, 2-1

Vs Costa Rica 2D 1-1, 0-0

Vs Panama 2D 0-0, 0-0

Record: 3 - 5 - 6    14 points 

12 GF 16 GA

Good one, thanks. 

Basically if we can turn two draws into wins, and one loss into a draw, that gives us 19 points and probably 4th spot.

But we probably need 22-24 points to make 3rd place: we need to win 7 I think.

46 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I don’t think Ottawa, and especially Winnipeg, are good options for November because of weather.  Toronto works because it is generally a bit milder and Vancouver for obvious reasons (BC Place).  And like @MtlMario said, the last competitive match in Montreal with Honduras, it got out of control when a small group of Hondurans charged us after the match.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don’t think Ottawa, and especially Winnipeg, are good options for November because of weather.  Toronto works because it is generally a bit milder and Vancouver for obvious reasons (BC Place).  And like @MtlMario said, the last competitive match in Montreal with Honduras, it got out of control when a small group of Hondurans charged us after the match.

Fair enough then BMO Field and BC Place for November now come to think of it for November against Costa Rica and Mexico actually are not bad options @JamboAl

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Fair enough then BMO Field and BC Place for November now come to think of it for November against Costa Rica and Mexico actually are not bad options @JamboAl

November only has 2 games and both are at home. I’m willing to bet these games are at the same location. We want to avoid travel as much as possible. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

November only has 2 games and both are at home. I’m willing to bet these games are at the same location. We want to avoid travel as much as possible. 

Mainly because of COVID restrictions because we still don't know if they will be lifted by then

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I have to say our schedule is pretty good. We travel to Honduras and El Salvador at the best time of year in the January window even though it will still be hot. In September we only have to go to the USA and our Mexico away game has no fans. 

Yes our schedule looks good but what matters is getting results period

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

looks about right. maybe moncton for one of the september/november games. 

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

6 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

looks about right. maybe moncton for one of the september/november games. 

Realistically, I don't think game locations will be announced until a month before the game so speculation based on COVID restrictions seems premature. I just can't see Montreal getting more (or equal games) to Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Cavalry made improvements to the lighting and pitch at ATCO Field 

@RS

That's certainly good news. The facility was severely lacking in those two areas.

Let's see how it holds up after the horses get on it before pencilling it in for a November match, though.

31 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

September 2nd and 8th will likely go out west. I see maybe BC Place and Commonwealth because they need to be arranging that now so you need to deal with people who can give you definitive answers. Im not being a homer, I just think its the only logical thing to do

I'm not sure that's the case but personally I do hope for a couple more games in Vancouver.

Also I'm all for spreading some games around to Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Moncton etc. but maybe let's not start with the most important games we've had in 20+ years. Get some friendlies out there first in the next couple years.

29 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I'm not sure that's the case but personally I do hope for a couple more games in Vancouver.

Also I'm all for spreading some games around to Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Moncton etc. but maybe let's not start with the most important games we've had in 20+ years. Get some friendlies out there first in the next couple years.

No, let's pull a concacaf and make Mexico play at Spruce Meadows!

46 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Why not the case? The CSA needs to talking to people now. Who could they be talking to and getting guarantees for September right now. Around all things including i would think near capacity. I would say logistically they need to decide in the next 2 weeks. From a marketing perspective you'd need to announce before the end of July.

I dont think you need to stay in the same city in these windows but you shouldn't go east to west in order to keep the body clock as consistent as possible 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Why not the case? The CSA needs to talking to people now. Who could they be talking to and getting guarantees for September right now. Around all things including i would think near capacity. I would say logistically they need to decide in the next 2 weeks. From a marketing perspective you'd need to announce before the end of July 

Don't disagree they need to start the conversations but I don't think they will be having exclusive conversations with one particular venue. They know what it takes to put on a match at each place. 

For what it's worth BC won't be fully open until September 7th at the ABSOLUTE earliest. Plans for limit capacity for events should be in before that  but even if BC numbers are going great we wont be fully open for business in that window. 

6 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Don't disagree they need to start the conversations but I don't think they will be having exclusive conversations with one particular venue. They know what it takes to put on a match at each place. 

For what it's worth BC won't be fully open until September 7th at the ABSOLUTE earliest. Plans for limit capacity for events should be in before that  but even if BC numbers are going great we wont be fully open for business in that window. 

Its all symantecs out here at this point. Alberta drop everything July 1st. Trust me its all good for September 2nd. Start in BC go to Edmonton, go to US. Bingo bango bongo

Put the 6 or 7 pts in our pocket now plus the very needed revenue in our pocket

Edited by SpursFlu

38 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I could see that getting bumped up the way things are going here