Canada's Octo Schedule

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I guess that is in the background of my question.  If our public health rules are not discriminatory and can be defended (and I am pretty sure requiring vaccination is pretty defensible policy in today’s political climate) is it possible that any inconvenience to other nations is their problem?   Sort of like nations unable to provide current-approved COVID tests for players (who were subsequently excluded in the last round) I am thinking that nations unable to vaccinate players (or players choosing to avoid vaccination) may be treated the same way.   

I have a feeling vaccinations won't matter. They will get some form of sporting 'exemption'. They will be ok as long as they do a PCR test before leaving for Canada and a new test upon arriving.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, narduch said:

They will probably need some sort of sport exemption. They will be allowed in but will need to have passed a covid test.

Forge are moving ahead with hosting FAS of El Salvador in Concacaf League on August 4. So I'm optimistic for WCQ

This is the event we should all be paying attention to. 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kent said:

I don't think we can just expect all the players to be vaccinated. In Canada (well I have been focusing on Ontario, likely a similar story for other provinces) the number of people getting a first dose has slowed to a trickle, and the number currently sits just below 80% of adults with a first dose. That means 1 in 5 adults in Ontario are likely skeptical or outright against it. So I really don't think we can just assume 100% of soccer players from Octagonal teams (or even players in our national team pool) will agree with being vaccinated and get it done by September.

It really has to be an exemption, but I am becoming optimistic it will happen. Not a done deal though obviously.

I suspect the border measures will be relaxed further by September, if our current trajectory remains unchanged.

I don't think anybody has posted this article yet:

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/1476768-498/canadá-tiene-hasta-el-15-de-julio-para-confirmar-la-sede-del?amp=1

Diez can be unreliable but here they are basically quoting Gerardo Ramos, the sporting director of FENAFUTH:

http://www.twitter.com/gerardoeramos

He claims that for September, Canada's FIFA imposed deadline for selecting a venue is July 15th. He states that usually the venue would be communicated to the other Federation by July 1st and that it would be confirmed to FIFA officially "30 days prior" ( August 3rd ) but because of the visas required and other logistical issues, there is an earlier deadline.

He also states that there are 11 people in the Honduran delegation (players and staff) that are not (fully) vaccinated.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I don't think anybody has posted this article yet:

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/1476768-498/canadá-tiene-hasta-el-15-de-julio-para-confirmar-la-sede-del?amp=1

Diez can be unreliable but here they are basically quoting Gerardo Ramos, the sporting director of FENAFUTH:

http://www.twitter.com/gerardoeramos

He claims that for September, Canada's FIFA imposed deadline for selecting a venue is July 15th. He states that usually the venue would be communicated to the other Federation by July 1st and that it would be confirmed to FIFA officially "30 days prior" ( August 3rd ) but because of the visas required and other logistical issues, there is an earlier deadline.

He also states that there are 11 people in the Honduran delegation (players and staff) that are not (fully) vaccinated.

If this is true, will we be able to secure these games for September in Canada by Thursday?  At the risk of forfeiting the matches, I wonder if they have to be played in the US again...

^^You can still come in the country, but you have to quarantine for a certain period.  The clubs are lobbying to remove the quarantine requirement as it isn't feasible.

2 hours ago, trc2014 said:

If this is true, will we be able to secure these games for September in Canada by Thursday?  At the risk of forfeiting the matches, I wonder if they have to be played in the US again...

In the Group stage teams were announcing venues right up to a few weeks before a game.

Manning said that they will be playing under current rules (only fully vaccinated individuals are able to cross the border) but they have filed a “National Interest Exemption” that would allow unvaccinated players to enter with appropriate protocols

21 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Any clarification if full Vaccination is required? Today the province of Manitoba announced the Bombers will be allowed 100% Capacity at IGF with the caveat that ALL spectators must be double Vaxed. 

Saw somewhere yesterday that TFC will not make vaccinations mandatory for spectators.

Also didn't say anything about it in the SSH lottery email that got sent out.

On 7/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, Metro said:

^^You can still come in the country, but you have to quarantine for a certain period.  The clubs are lobbying to remove the quarantine requirement as it isn't feasible.

Actually some teams, including Canada, came from a camp in Florida and played a few days after arriving 

I've never been to or barely ever met someone from Manitoba so I'm genuinely asking. Whats the culture like there? Why are they being so hard core? They're giving off a Michigan vibe  which i also dont get

I'm assuming BC Place won't have a corona passport because its an extension of the provincial government and they have stated on several occasions that they will not pursue a corona passport. Maybe the teams can step in and request? But I doubt

Edited by SpursFlu