Canada's Octo Schedule

1 hour ago, Shway said:

By September I’m hoping things change drastically. If not full capacity, but at least 90%.

If you can get 10k+ at BMO. I honestly can't see why the game won't be played there. 

My understanding is almost every player wants to play at BMO and the field is pure class. We have the skill and ability to out class players now.  Plus my understanding all the euro based players want the first game on the east coast, that's the majority of our best players. 

The only reason I think it goes out West is if the US decides to schedule in the west or midwest LA/Cali/Seattle, etc etc. 

I'll repeat my original sentiment. I think we don't schedule our home field for first window until US pick there home game. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I think the discussion was who are you punishing? The team or the federation? There is also a question of the fact that it occurred in America. So the people doing the chant we're likely not Mexicans but Americans cheering for Mexico. So its all about precedent. What are you establishing? And how will they apply it in the future 

The FIFA punishments were for 2 matches played in Guadalajara. It occurred during Olympic qualifying vs DR & USA.

But they have also opened a case for the Iceland friendly in Texas.

Edited by red card

Posted (edited)

Thx @xabuep2

Definitely see a Toronto or Montreal game. Quick, direct, couple hour flight, same time zone. 

Let's hope restrictions are as low as possible for we can give the lads as much support as possible! 

edit add: and we get the exemption to host in Canada. I'd be gutted if we can't play at home especially considering our CMNT outstanding record at BMO field. 

Edited by apbsmith
Host in Canada

4 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

The US will play vs. Canada in Nashville. This increases the possibility that Canada will stay in the east and play in Toronto vs Honduras and El Salvador.

Makes it almost certain they will play in the East Coast. Makes zero sense to play out West.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Eastern Time Zone, not East Coast (unless you mean Halifax or Moncton) 😉

I left the option there haha (if anything, playing in Halifax and Moncton would probably make things easier for the Europe based played, both travel and time difference wise... perhaps in due time once CPL grows more and bigger facilities are eventually built)

24 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

I left the option there haha (if anything, playing in Halifax and Moncton would probably make things easier for the Europe based played, both travel and time difference wise... perhaps in due time once CPL grows more and bigger facilities are eventually built)

Depends. There's not too many direct flights from Europe to Halifax or (especially) Moncton. It's one of the advantages Toronto has every other city — Pearson is a hub and has direct flights from more places than all other airports in the country.

I'd love to see a game hosted at the Wanderers Grounds at some point, but I doubt World Cup qualifying will go there for a number of reasons.

14 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

The US will play vs. Canada in Nashville. This increases the possibility that Canada will stay in the east and play in Toronto vs Honduras and El Salvador.

I sure as hell hope we play games against Honduras and El Salvador at BMO Field 

Just now, Alex said:

If true it seems nothing would stop us from hosting at home in September.

If this is true, then this is great it gives me hope for other teams like the Blue Jays and Raptors to be able to play in Toronto 

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is actually better for us than them. Great. Direct flights for Canada from YYZ to BNA Nashville?

The team will likely charter to Nashville from wherever the first September match is played.

The direct commercial flights really only come into effect when the team is gathering from all points of the world at the start of the international break (and, to a lesser extent, when they are dispersing at the end of the break).

2 hours ago, RS said:

The team will likely charter to Nashville from wherever the first September match is played.

The direct commercial flights really only come into effect when the team is gathering from all points of the world at the start of the international break (and, to a lesser extent, when they are dispersing at the end of the break).

If money is tight, the Nashville game is the most likely one to save cash and fly commercial.  It's 2 hours with no stops.

8 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

If money is tight, the Nashville game is the most likely one to save cash and fly commercial.  It's 2 hours with no stops.

It's definitely an option. 

8 hours ago, Alex said:

If true it seems nothing would stop us from hosting at home in September.

Not true. It was either a sin of omission or a ruse to detract from the firing.

He later clarified they're coming back for training but still working with governments to get to play at BMO. They'll need exceptions until border is reopened to non-Canadians with no quarantining.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, red card said:

Not true. It was either a sin of omission or a ruse to detract from the firing.

A ruse? Did you see the press conference? A reporter asked what he called an off-topic question about when they were returning. Manning simply said Thursday.

When asked about playing in Canada he said they were still waiting for permission, but would play at either BMO, or an contingency location in the the USA - but definitely not in Orlando.

Where was no ruse. And he answered the questions he was asked.

Either way, the Hamilton Forge announcement make it clear that September in Ontario will be fine - assuming there's no spike in cases.

Edited by nfitz

On 7/5/2021 at 8:51 AM, CanadianSoccerFan said:

It's also only flown direct by West Jet on the dates they'd be flying and this is the plane that is used for the route. Which might not be a problem but the players probably prefer sitting outside economy seats and the other bonuses that come with a chartered jet. Also no entertainment systems but I assume players bring their own laptops/phones for that purpose. De Havilland Dash 8 | WestJet official site

7 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

It's also only flown direct by West Jet on the dates they'd be flying and this is the plane that is used for the route. Which might not be a problem but the players probably prefer sitting outside economy seats and the other bonuses that come with a chartered jet. Also no entertainment systems but I assume players bring their own laptops/phones for that purpose. De Havilland Dash 8 | WestJet official site

Dash 8-400.

In any case, I insist: thanks USA for giving us a shorter away flight and flying further yourselves to your Central American away matches.