Canada's Octo Schedule

TGAA_Star

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

LOL. That's not true.

Flu season starts when the weather drops in fall and picks up steam as we approach winter. Is that an untrue statement?

It's realistic to expect goverments will shut down and restrict fans from attending sporting events as cases pick up due to the time of year. It's already happening in Australia I believe, at least in certain places.

Australia are currently having their winter, which would be smack dab in the middle of their flu season.

21 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't know why you are getting snarky by saying the Stock Market is not real life. It may be heavily manipulated, but it is literally where real people go to make bets on how the future unfold. Doesn't get more real than that.

We agree that September may be safe as it's close enough to benefit from the summer boost, and we are on the same page that the other windows are very much in question.

The question is whether the anticipated fall lockdowns will affect the September window or not.

My guess is no, but I wouldn't take that to the bank. I am far more optimistic for September than the rest.

And if you're gonna place bets you might as well bet on what the conspiracy theorists are saying which is that there will be more lockdowns this fall. Luckily in BC Bonnie Henry is back to the pre September 2020 Bonnie and is no longer reading from the script. She has clearly put the ball in the feds court as far as corona pass, lockdowns etc and she's completely distanced herself from all that.

So yah... CSA get on the phone with Hulk Horgan and let's do this brotha. Let Ontario continue with their Hell in a Cell

Edited by SpursFlu

Just now, Obinna said:

Flu season starts when the weather drops in fall and picks up steam as we approach winter. Is that an untrue statement?

It's realistic to expect goverments will shut down and restrict fans from attending sporting events as cases pick up due to the time of year. It's already happening in Australia I believe, at least in certain places.

Australia are currently having their winter, which would be smack dab in the middle of their flu season.

Well good thing it will still be summer in the first window.

Besides its already been debunked that covid is not seasonal. That's another fallacy being pushed by the anti-mask, anti-vax, anti-lockdown morons.

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

And if you're gonna place bets you might as well bet on what the conspiracy theorists are saying which is that there will be more lockdowns this fall. Luckily in BC Bonnie Henry is back to the pre September 2020 Bonnie and is no longer reading from the script. She has clearly put the ball in the feds court as far as corona pass, lockdowns etc and she's completely distanced herself from all that.

So yah... CSA get on the phone with Hulk Horgan and let's do this brotha. Let Ontario continue with their Hell in a Cell

It may come down to fans in BC place and little to no fans at BMO. The obvious choice would be to go to BC. We need to play in front of fans.

Just now, Obinna said:

It may come down to fans in BC place and little to no fans at BMO. The obvious choice would be to go to BC. We need to play in front of fans.

Right now this is just wishful thinking that the September games will be in BC.

Just now, narduch said:

Right now this is just wishful thinking that the September games will be in BC.

I was speaking in terms of the cycle at large. I expect the september games to go to Toronto, as I said before, in case you missed it.

Just now, Obinna said:

I was speaking in terms of the cycle at large. I expect the september games to go to Toronto, as I said before, in case you missed it.

This was a general statement. Even if I quoted you.

Didn't want to quote the resident covid idiot who it was mostly directed at.

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'll fully admit all things being equal.. BMO is first choice. But, if its 27k at BC Place and like 1 or 2k at BMO?  And with BC Place you can't start the marketing and run up asap. Cmon folks, its a no brainer 

I'll take September and January and Toronto or whoever can have all others. I also think the El Salvador game can go to Victoria or Alberta

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Besides its already been debunked that covid is not seasonal. That's another fallacy being pushed by the anti-mask, anti-vax, anti-lockdown morons.

Out of curiosity, how has it been debunked that COVID is not seasonal? From what I observe it has shown to line up fairly well. Not wanting to derail the conversation but I couldn't find the COVID thread.

I do agree that the September window would not be at risk of the seasonal increase in COVID we saw last fall if there is consistency in these waves.

57 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It's already happening in Australia I believe, at least in certain places.

You keep mentioning Australia, but their vax rates are abysmal compared to ours (30 doses/100 people vs. 97/100).

We're set up to weather surges much better, and will be even more so by the fall. Plus we've already mostly decoupled cases from hospitalizations and deaths.

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

Out of curiosity, how has it been debunked that COVID is not seasonal? From what I observe it has shown to line up fairly well. Not wanting to derail the conversation but I couldn't find the COVID thread.

I do agree that the September window would not be at risk of the seasonal increase in COVID we saw last fall if there is consistency in these waves.

Damn, I don't really want to go down this road. But Brazil had a major issue during their summer months.

And we would have had way less cases in Canada in April if it were really seasonal

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Damn, I don't really want to go down this road. But Brazil had a major issue during their summer months.

And we would have had way less cases in Canada in April if it were really seasonal

All respiratory viruses are seasonal - that’s doesn’t make it an all or nothing proposition though.

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Heres another conspiritory theory for you to chew on, everytime sometime talks about where and how games might be played in Canada it devolves into a covid argument because of the same people lobbing grenades into the conversation.  

That theory has been confirmed multiple times.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

With Ontario's current restrictions you could have 7,500 at BMO Field. That is expected to increase in 21 days.

When you consider that its a grass field and logistically easier it really is a no brainer at this point.

I'm almost sure it's in Toronto because of the grass in the stadium. But a determining factor will be where vs. USA will be played. If it is Orlando or Texas, Toronto will be the host vs Honduras and El Salvador. If it's California, Vancouver will probably have a better chance.

Just now, xabuep2 said:

I'm almost sure it's in Toronto because of the grass in the stadium. But a determining factor will be where vs. USA will be played. If it is Orlando or Texas, Toronto will be the host vs Honduras and El Salvador. If it's California, Vancouver will probably have a better chance.

In that case it still may make sense to play the 1st match in Toronto (being an easier gathering point) and the 2nd in Vancouver.

We will probably have the luxury of the US announcing their match first.

It is moderated.  They just don’t take a heavy handed approach - a fact that I think most are fairly comfortable with. At one point there was supposed to be no swearing but I think that was generally seen as bullshit.  Thankfully we are moderated with a fair degree of latitude.  

If threads that went off-topic got shit down there would only ever be one a five thread on this site.  Briefly.  

And the reality is that while the COVID diversions are annoying to some, they are difficult to eliminate entirely because COBID-driven public health restrictions absolutely do impact our capacity to play home games, travel to away matches, and choose sites to host teams.  

On 6/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, Obinna said:

Montreal I think it was, but yeah it is critical we get off to a good start. I don't think a draw is fatal, but a win would really set the tone. We have the talent to get it, just have to continue to be solid defensively, bring our A game and take our chances when they come, because they will come.

The same qualifying cycle of the away blowout, our home game was at BMO. I was in attendance. We rang one off the post also :(.

17 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

So a bit of interesting information out of Victoria 

which seems a very high percentage for a stadium the size of westhills, maybe because it’s fully outside but could mean something towards the capacity allowed at B.C. place. The lions may be a better indication of that though. 

Man hosting outdoors in Victoria, would def make it harder for Honduras and ES fans to be in attendance. Honestly, I think the Technical Director and the gaffer, just wait it out until we see where US schedule their game. Once we see where the US game will be played, we will base our home game from there. 

Edited by apbsmith