Jump to content

WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This wasn't a visa issue. This was a US regulation prohibiting entry to those of certain nationalities from entry into the USA if they had been to Europe in the 14 days prior.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

Despite the absurdity of the regulation, the problem here is FHF incompetence in not bringing in their Euro based players into Haiti early enough.

As far as we know, no player from Belize, Nicaragua or Canada caught COVID19 or was harmed in any way in Haiti.

That's a stretch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Apologies if the post came off as aggressive; it was not my intention. 

Both @Ngravs and yourself should just ignore that "source". The 4 players won't be there tonight. The Haitian squad will be 19 players.

 I showed this tweet regarding KJ's "I heard rumblings" comment showing that obviously something is going on with their players. The tweet never gave a reason for them not being able to cross. 

Edited by Ngravs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

That's a stretch. 

Rattled perhaps and likely quite fearful, but at the end of the day, nobody was harmed and nobody was dispossessed (robbed).

Hypothetical, but if the #CanMNT goes to the USA and some gun nut with road rage pulls out a gun and threatens the team bus by waving it around, does that mean the USA should no longer host anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Rattled perhaps and likely quite fearful, but at the end of the day, nobody was harmed and nobody was dispossessed (robbed).

Hypothetical, but if the #CanMNT goes to the USA and some gun nut with road rage pulls out a gun and threatens the team bus by waving it around, does that mean the USA should no longer host anything?

Mental harm is a thing. PTSD can be a thing. I don't think it's fair to just assume no one was harmed. 

I also never said they shouldn't host. Just that part of the statement was a stretch. 

Edited by Hawkguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hulkrogan said:

I frankly couldn't give a crap what the truth is. We spent decades trying to take the "higher road" against opponents going full CONCACAF.

Our association's duty is to give us every possible advantage in the pursuit of on field results. If they found a way to mess with an opposition team before a critical match, job well done. Keep it up.

Didn't we once play Soca music at Swangard during half time of a WCQ against T&T? You know, to make them feel welcomed?

Don't know what to call that, but it goes beyond taking the higher road :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we push pretty hard early. Take it to them. Especially with them being down in the tie, and with Haiti missing 4 players - including their starting goalie - an early goal might be devastating for their morale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SkuseisLoose said:

So looks like Osorio is getting the start again based off the promo picture. Just don't get it, he's shown almost nothing so far but he keeps getting rewarded over other players. Hopefully he has a better game today.

I think Osorio has been great over the last two games. Not perfect, but the way he plays is important to the midfield. I am happy for him to be starting, assuming he is fit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Obinna said:

Didn't we once play Soca music at Swangard during half time of a WCQ against T&T? You know, to make them feel welcomed?

Don't know what to call that, but it goes beyond taking the higher road :)

I thought that was in Edmonton.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_semi-finals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SkuseisLoose said:

So looks like Osorio is getting the start again based off the promo picture. Just don't get it, he's shown almost nothing so far but he keeps getting rewarded over other players. Hopefully he has a better game today.

He had the assist on the game's only goal in Haiti and consistently shows an ability to get into spaces that's better than most in the player pool.  He's earned his starting spot, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Mental harm is a thing. PTSD can be a thing. I don't think it's fair to just assume no one was harmed. 

I also never said they shouldn't host. Just that part of the statement was a stretch. 

We're all CMNT fans here so I dont think you need to sell the concept of PTSD to any of us. I've actually had a gun pulled on me and I can say in all honesty, 8-1 to Honduras was a far more traumatic experience in my life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

So looks like Osorio is getting the start again based off the promo picture. Just don't get it, he's shown almost nothing so far but he keeps getting rewarded over other players. Hopefully he has a better game today.

He was a bit sloppy against Suriname, but grew into the game. Then against Haiti I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Not sure I get where this is coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wow forgot how good T&Ts higher end players were at a time when CONCACAF had few euro stars.  Seeing the names Latapy, Yorke and Dely Valdes brought back memories.  Edit - although see they got smoked in the final round after beating mexico in the semis

Edited by Footscray
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, sstackho said:

How did our Europe-based players get to the US for the Aruba game?  e.g. Davies played in Germany on May 22 and against Aruba in the US 14 days later on June 5. 

I believe we had to apply for exemptions for some of our players.

Aruba is a good example. In the March window they called an all domestic side. In the June window they had 10 players from Euro clubs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

We're all CMNT fans here so I dont think you need to sell the concept of PTSD to any of us. I've actually had a gun pulled on me and I can say in all honesty, 8-1 to Honduras was a far more traumatic experience in my life

Making assumptions based off your own solo experience. Got it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

An all USA team of refs:

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/match/400154932/#match-lineups

Rubiel Vazquez was our ref for two of our Camp Poutine games in early 2020:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/rubiel-vazquez/profil/schiedsrichter/14177/

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

What I’ve learned most from this series is that google translate is not good at translating Haitian Creole 

You must admit it's amazing to try to figure out. I read French by the way, well enough to translate it. But this is something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...