WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area

36 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Well I am feeling pretty good about tonight.  I started getting a bit anxious and was pacing around the house so I figured I needed to kill some time.  I have a couple of unopened boxes of Pokémon cards in my closet and even though I was planning to keep them sealed for a long time, I figured it was a special occasion and I deserve a bit of stress relief pack-ripping. I grabbed one of the boxes and opened the 8 packs inside.  I pulled this out of the 5th one.  Anyone who knows Pokémon knows this is a hella sweet card.

To me, that is a pretty damn good omen.  

BE3C7A3C-ED83-485F-BB89-8F1DB7EAC9FE.jpeg

What the fu....

Not a huge fan of putting Henry in for this big of a game. I have visions of a 1-1 draw turning into a 2-1 loss and elimination due to Henry putting a foot wrong in our own box and giving up a penalty. Also, Richie is pretty clearly one of the better players in the whole Canadian program at this point. Behind the big 3 offensive weapons, he's probably just behind Eustaquio in terms of raw talent. Kind of tough to put him on the bench for this big of a match and replace him with a guy who is mistake prone.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:25 PM, Kadenge said:

Haiti is going to play the long ball into or near our box and rely on their big forwards to out muscle our defenders. We are weak at defending set pieces. I would bring in Henry and go with Henry/Vitoria/Kennedy at the back with Johnston at RWB . We give up some offense with Laryea but has he really generated much in terms of attack in the past 2 games? Would hate to see him sit but I think Johnston is a bit outmatched physically with Haiti's forwards.

It's ok I had insider information 😊

13 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Trying to figure out if I'd rather see Panama or Curacao in the next round (if we make it obv). Both teams look beatable for us.

Panama is known for its gamesmanship. Recall the last cycle whereby yahoos showed up at the hotel where cnd players stayed and made racket throughout the night.  I’ll take Curacao thank you very much.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Panama is known for its gamesmanship. Recall the last cycle whereby yahoos showed up at the hotel where cnd players stayed and made racket throughout the night.  I’ll take Curacao thank you very much.

Good point, and this time wasting is pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Wasp said:

Not a huge fan of putting Henry in for this big of a game. I have visions of a 1-1 draw turning into a 2-1 loss and elimination due to Henry putting a foot wrong in our own box and giving up a penalty. Also, Richie is pretty clearly one of the better players in the whole Canadian program at this point. Behind the big 3 offensive weapons, he's probably just behind Eustaquio in terms of raw talent. Kind of tough to put him on the bench for this big of a match and replace him with a guy who is mistake prone.

Gotta say, i'm scratching my head on this one.  I never imagined Johnston as a wingback.  Especially if you're looking for physicality.  That role seems custom made for Laryea and ZBG.  Seeing Johnston in there makes me assume we're looking for some conservative defending and to attack down the left, but that's almost too obvious.  Then again Henry is in there, and there is nothing conservative about that choice.  So perhaps Herdman is experimenting with new formation/style?

11 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Feeling good.  It's going to be grand, lads.  A night to remember.

Yeah,  unlike the last cycle,  i really like our chnaces.  Even though i traveled last cycle to catch a game.  I still wasnt very hopeful then.  But now, not based on what i saw so far,  i feel confident we we will be playing in Qatar.   We have a couple of good players with pedigree.  We didnt have that before.   I am not basing my optimism on what we saw so far because our opponents on the this group stage were way to weak.

Edited by Free kick

6 minutes ago, costarg said:

Gotta say, i'm scratching my head on this one.  I never imagined Johnston as a wingback.  Especially if you're looking for physicality.  That role seems custom made for Laryea and ZBG.  Seeing Johnston in there makes me assume we're looking for some conservative defending and to attack down the left, but that's almost too obvious.  Then again Henry is in there, and there is nothing conservative about that choice.  So perhaps Herdman is experimenting with new formation/style?

Sounds like he wasnt to defend the away goal.  And if something happens and you need a late goal,  Laryea is good at moving up and providing support and create that late goal.

9 minutes ago, costarg said:

Johnston obviously doesn't have the north south speed to the end line but he's good at picking his spots. He's good at combining on the right and playing early crosses.

1 minute ago, Razcal said:

Those are some big losses due to Visa issues.

Yikes, how does that happen?

Despite OneSoccer using the word,  it wasn't actually a Visa issue but rather a COVID travel restriction issue. It's been talked about earlier in this thread.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille