WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I doubt you will find illegal streams for a lot of these matches that you can cast in 1080p. Maybe when we face US or Mexco.

I mean - if an official Haiti media station is broadcasting the game on YouTube - it's not illegal. 

I can't wait for the day that Canada soccer actually becomes big enough for the TV networks, regardless of opponent. That will be the day. After watching Wolves all year in 1080p - it's horrifying watching a 720p feed on a 60 inch TV. It's like watching a movie your friend gave you on a CD back in 1997 lol

Edited by Hawkguy

38 minutes ago, Razcal said:

"Overseas based" people will need to find legal ways to watch the stream other than OneSoccer if they can't access it in their country.

Not sure if you are being naive or just trying to be difficult but most countries around the world will not have a legal way to watch a Canadian WCQ. There isn’t the interest for anyone to purchase the broadcast rights. The only way to watch will be through dodgy streams. 

Also, why is overseas in quotation marks? Do you think I am pretending to be outside of Canada?

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

That happened.

And both main sports networks basically said they weren't interested. That's how we ended up with One Soccer 

It... hasn't happened. It's really not that big and not enough for them to to play it over other sports. If they thought they'd make money, it'd be on TV. Plain and simple.

I'm gonna jump in here and say that love One Soccer and support them exclusively holding of CMNT games. It costs less than a combo at McDonalds. They cover Canadian Soccer in a thorough and detailed way that TSN and Sportsnet never did.

The complainers can jump on board or miss out as far as I am concerned. If anyone in the soccer community deserves my $10 a month, it's these guys.

37 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

It... hasn't happened. It's really not that big and not enough for them to to play it over other sports. If they thought they'd make money, it'd be on TV. Plain and simple.

Lol, @narduch is making the same point as you. 

In the past, the TV networks were willing to broadcast during some big games only. They got the rights for free (or for a nominal fee) from the CSA.

Bell and Rogers have deep pockets but were not willing to match the offer that ONESoccer gave the CSA. So here we are.

For this past match, ONESoccer must have gotten the rights from the FHF, therefore TSN and Sportsnet were once again not interested.

If we managed to get past Haiti tomorrow, things may change.

There would theoretically be 7 "away" matches the big networks could buy.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'm gonna jump in here and say that love One Soccer and support them exclusively holding of CMNT games. It costs less than a combo at McDonalds. They cover Canadian Soccer in a thorough and detailed way that TSN and Sportsnet never did.

The complainers can jump on board or miss out as far as I am concerned. If anyone in the soccer community deserves my $10 a month, it's these guys.

99% agree. The 1% where I disagree is the glitchy platform they have and the fact that both Wheeler and Larson are just annoying to listen to.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

If anyone thinks Larson and Wheeler are annoying.. ill take that over TSN's current soccer coverage 

The hommerism on onesoccer has reached another hemisphere, that's for sure. They do need to dial it back just a bit cuz it almost feels a little condescending 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

If anyone thinks Larson and Wheeler are annoying.. ill take that over TSN's current soccer coverage 

The hommerism on onesoccer has reached another hemisphere, that's for sure. They do need to dial it back just a bit cuz it almost feels a little condescending 

Wheeler whining about the very mean Suriname fans on twitter did it for me... you don't do that on a broadcast. Felt real unprofessional.

Also, that's our job.

Edited by PiedPilko

2 hours ago, Razcal said:

"Overseas based" people will need to find legal ways to watch the stream other than OneSoccer if they can't access it in their country.

Posting illegal steams of the game should be discouraged and removed from this site.

See you in 24 hours fuckface.

I've got a book suggestion for you if you're interested - "How to make friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie.  

3 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

I paid the monthly subscription of Onesoccer to watch the Canada soccer games during this month and I cannot see the Canada-Brazil women match because it is not enabled in my region. I feel disappointed.

C9DE1EA2-6A38-4740-B471-668C63226331.png

I watched the Suriname match and first half of haiti without issue then got this message at halftime. Brief panic quickly resolved by activating my VPN. Worked fine again from there.

2 hours ago, Miche said:

I watched the Suriname match and first half of haiti without issue then got this message at halftime. Brief panic quickly resolved by activating my VPN. Worked fine again from there.

I watched through my VPN but I know lowlander has the same issue.  should be fine for this round as its a "home" game.  but having an alternative via youtube is good.

6 hours ago, narduch said:

Huh? Sportsnet and then TSN were the CMNT official broadcasters from about 2000 until 2019.

Yes .. I know. But it's clear they didn't get enough viewership to continue. If it continues to grow in popularity, that'll change. Canada could play Belize in hockey and draw viewers. For soccer, it's clear only big games draw. I remember reading SportsCentre drew more viewers when head to head with CMNT. 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So in deference to your predictive acumen, could you please quantify "light them up in Chcago" (which is a nice phrase btw)?

haha. I'm going with 3-1. (4-1 aggregate)

I think Haiti is too good to keep off the board entirely for 180min, but I also think this group has a swagger that will get the job done.

Edited by A_Gagne

10 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

I paid the monthly subscription of Onesoccer to watch the Canada soccer games during this month and I cannot see the Canada-Brazil women match because it is not enabled in my region. I feel disappointed.

C9DE1EA2-6A38-4740-B471-668C63226331.png

Where do you live?

10 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

I live in Panama Macksam. I hope that today's game in Chicago can be seen here.

I don't think so, it's region specific due to licensing issues so it's not going to work. However, like somebody else suggested, you might be able to bypass it with a VPN and set your region to Canada. I say might because some streaming platforms are catching on to those tricks as well. DAZN for example will thwart any attempt at accessing their stuff through a VPN. I tried to pass myself off as Austrian to access UEFA Nation's League/qualifier matches a few months ago and got an error message the moment I logged in telling me to get off the VPN. 

21 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure if you are being naive or just trying to be difficult but most countries around the world will not have a legal way to watch a Canadian WCQ. There isn’t the interest for anyone to purchase the broadcast rights. The only way to watch will be through dodgy streams. 

Also, why is overseas in quotation marks? Do you think I am pretending to be outside of Canada?

I don't doubt you are in the UK, I do doubt that most people who would make use of an illegal stream are overseas.

That being said, it looks like the Haiti stream posted on Youtube is from their official broadcaster. So, that is an option. It's just bad form to have people providing illegal streams of US/Canadian broadcasts which are in fact paid subscription services.

21 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Could a Canadian VPN and paying for a month of OneSoccer be an option for you?

Or an American VPN and paying for Paramount + (I think they even have a free 7 day trial)

15 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Could a Canadian VPN and paying for a month of OneSoccer be an option for you?

Or an American VPN and paying for Paramount + (I think they even have a free 7 day trial)

So you are against me streaming a match from someone who doesn’t own the rights to stream to me but you are in favour of me paying a third party to provide me with with a fraudulent location so I can stream the match from someone who doesn’t own the rights to stream it to me?

I guess it could be me who is being difficult now, but I don’t see a massive difference.