WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - In-Match Thread

Big_M

They got better as the half went on. Really impressed by Johnston, he's had two really good through balls already. Suriname so far have shown zero threat in possession but we can't let them have any set pieces because we've looked trash on those.

Definitely agree that Kaye/Spoony should be coming on for the second half, preferably for Osorio

Just now, SthMelbRed said:

My feed just showed it in frame-by-frame. It wasn't even close to being in. I'm not even sure much of the ball was actually on the line, never mind being 100% over the line.

Yeah it looked a bit dicey in live action but on replay? Not close

Just now, DavemTFC said:

They got better as the half went on. Really impressed by Johnston, he's had two really good through balls already. Suriname so far have shown zero threat in possession but we can't let them have any set pieces because we've looked trash on those.

Definitely agree that Kaye/Spoony should be coming on for the second half, preferably for Osorio

Johnston is quietly a very smart, precise player. Not saying he's Kimmich but he plays RB like Kimmich.

Really quick half time thoughts:

- Thank god for the goal because I was shitting my self there for a bit at the start

- We got better defensively as the first half went on but we need to be better on crosses/corners/throws, that seems like the only way they're looking dangerous

- I agree with taking Oso off, he just hasn't played enough this year

Just now, DavemTFC said:

You think they'll let us throw both on for Osorio? That'd be really handy. 😄 

Davies, Johnston, and Kennedy all looking great imo. Love how confident Kennedy is on the ball. Beauty of a left foot. 

Not to pile on Doneil, but it's the definition of insanity.. trying the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result. Why do we expect him to come in and not make clumsy errors? I have watched this guy since he was a young lad at TFC. Not much has changed. 

Kennedy's performance so far eases this a bit.

Good:

-Eustaquio is class. After a bit of a shaky start and a poor giveaway, I thought he's been great

-Johnston: A Canadian defender comfortable passing the ball? Love it.

Bad:

-Osorio: looks incredibly rusty. No touch today. Odd. 

-Larin: Poor touch. Looks like the Canada Larin vs. Club Larin is still a thing. 

-Piette: He wasn't horrible but much rather have MAK there. 

5 minutes ago, BigMo said:

Has Larin had a single good game with the NT against a non-minnow? Honestly mystifying how different his form looks between club and country. 

No.. I have no idea why he gets the call over Cav. He might be a better league player, but as far as for Canada? Cav is the better of the two at this point.

Best team Larin has scored against is Honduras and that was 6 years ago.

Edited by Hawkguy