Jesse Costa

VinceA

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

This is pathetic, it’s literally a kid from TFC’s backyard. Obviously we ignored him and someone told Portugal who are willing to look at him, also the Euro exposure will help. 

Goes to show that we are producing good youth players.

In his bio, he states that he was twice named to Team Ontario so I don't think we missed him.  He was obviously on Canadian radar.  Probably wants to play for Portugal.  Regardless, that will be tough to do.  In the meantime, he will develop well and could still come back to play for us if he is good enough.  Playing for Canada ain't getting any easier either.

Let me get this straight. We don't really know anything about this player, but we are upset at the CSA for not calling him to a youth national team? Sure, I wish we had youth national team camps, but I made a decision a while ago that I'm not going to get worked up about dual nationals that are not proven or I've never seen play. It's not worth it to me. Maybe this guy is great and turns out to be an amazing player. But at 16 years old the odds are still stacked against him that he will ever be at Canada or Portugal senior team level.

10 hours ago, Kent said:

Let me get this straight. We don't really know anything about this player, but we are upset at the CSA for not calling him to a youth national team? Sure, I wish we had youth national team camps, but I made a decision a while ago that I'm not going to get worked up about dual nationals that are not proven or I've never seen play. It's not worth it to me. Maybe this guy is great and turns out to be an amazing player. But at 16 years old the odds are still stacked against him that he will ever be at Canada or Portugal senior team level.

Getting upset is a hobby for some people.

12 hours ago, Kent said:

I’m not panicking about it either, but let’s be honest, if he’s good enough at this point for Portugal to call him, he’d be good enough for us to call him. And I agree that we have no idea how he’ll pan out as a senior player, but the more promising young players you integrate into your system, the better. 

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who used to be a teammate of Costa. He told me about Costa last year and said that he was very surprised/disappointed that he had never attended a Canada national team camp. I don't know much else about him other than that he is one of Ontario's top talents in his age group.

29 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I have a friend who used to be a teammate of Costa. He told me about Costa last year and said that he was very surprised/disappointed that he had never attended a Canada national team camp. I don't know much else about him other than that he is one of Ontario's top talents in his age group.

Hopefully Herdman will get him to one. It’s insane that we only use the MLS youth….

obviously it will change with the Can PL…

btw he is the second 2005 to sign a pro contract.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Lol, you made the thread twice?

I am sure Omar Marmoush will convince him to play for Canada. ;)

Yeah I had a vague memory that I had heard the name before however for some reason when I search for older forum posts I get a weird "Sorry, there is a problem" message so I made a new one after being unable to use the search bar.