Pre Season Tournament Future .

As  many of you guys here I am a huge supporter of CPL and Forge is who I support Until My region (Waterloo Wellington ) hopefully gets a Club. In order for the league to grow  The powers to be  need to look outside of there box and come up with some creative ideas to attract and sponsors fans not just here in Canada but in the region. Im far from being a expert but I have a decent idea. 

A good friend of mine and I were talking about Canadian Soccer  on Saturday night  and he was asking if CPL was doing another Island Games Tournament  this year . He being a Huge Baseball fan  actually enjoyed watching it  and thought it was a great idea especially having it in PEI, great way to promote the League especially in  Atlantic Canada.  he also every year goes to  Spring Training down in Florida, which Ive always thought  is the coolest event in North American pro Sports. So the Idea came to me Why Not CPL try the same thing . 

See if we can mix the Island Games and copy what MLB does for Spring training   and have a preseason Tournament , have it in a Carribean country  Like The Cayman Islands or Turks and Caicos, since CPL has 8 teams (Saskatoon coming next year which will be 8 )  divide them teams in groups of 4  each team plays each other  2 top 2 teams advance in each group  advance to semis one  then  whever come out of those meet in the final and who ever wins will get some big prize money from a major sponsor . BTW the semis and final will just be one game knockout.  How you work out the logistics Im not sure but I would love to have some feedback on this. hopefully CPL can attract some new sponsors and build a decent foriegn fane base comong from the Carribean 

I like the idea, but think it makes more sense to do something like that in potential market cities in Canada. Saskatoon won't be in at least until 2023 if not 2024 or never lol. Hosting a mini tournament there though if they get the stadium going would help grow a a fanbase, likewise Quebec, BC etc.

For the expense I don't know going to Caribbean is either in line with the leagues mandate or worth what they would get out of it, at least at this stage. The first year in the Dominican was pretty cool but why not invest back into the Canadian economy while hopefully also growing the support for the game and the league across the country. 

2 hours ago, gigi riva said:

As  many of you guys here I am a huge supporter of CPL and Forge is who I support Until My region (Waterloo Wellington ) hopefully gets a Club. In order for the league to grow  The powers to be  need to look outside of there box and come up with some creative ideas to attract and sponsors fans not just here in Canada but in the region. Im far from being a expert but I have a decent idea. 

A good friend of mine and I were talking about Canadian Soccer  on Saturday night  and he was asking if CPL was doing another Island Games Tournament  this year . He being a Huge Baseball fan  actually enjoyed watching it  and thought it was a great idea especially having it in PEI, great way to promote the League especially in  Atlantic Canada.  he also every year goes to  Spring Training down in Florida, which Ive always thought  is the coolest event in North American pro Sports. So the Idea came to me Why Not CPL try the same thing . 

See if we can mix the Island Games and copy what MLB does for Spring training   and have a preseason Tournament , have it in a Carribean country  Like The Cayman Islands or Turks and Caicos, since CPL has 8 teams (Saskatoon coming next year which will be 8 )  divide them teams in groups of 4  each team plays each other  2 top 2 teams advance in each group  advance to semis one  then  whever come out of those meet in the final and who ever wins will get some big prize money from a major sponsor . BTW the semis and final will just be one game knockout.  How you work out the logistics Im not sure but I would love to have some feedback on this. hopefully CPL can attract some new sponsors and build a decent foriegn fane base comong from the Carribean 

CPL already has 8 teams. When Saskatoon arrives it'll be 9. I like the idea though. It will be a great bonus incentive for players that sign too.  

10 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Like the idea 

On 5/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, toontownman said:

I like the idea, but think it makes more sense to do something like that in potential market cities in Canada. Saskatoon won't be in at least until 2023 if not 2024 or never lol. Hosting a mini tournament there though if they get the stadium going would help grow a a fanbase, likewise Quebec, BC etc.

For the expense I don't know going to Caribbean is either in line with the leagues mandate or worth what they would get out of it, at least at this stage. The first year in the Dominican was pretty cool but why not invest back into the Canadian economy while hopefully also growing the support for the game and the league across the country. 

My main reason to have a tournament in THE Caribbean is just because it will be pretty cold during preseason upmhere in Canada plus it would a way to attract a foreign fan base