Hugo-Hilaire Mbongue

Dominic94

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

The nextpro games are still free...camera work/production values are so bad its almost unwatchable.  

I usually tuned into TFC2 because my phone gave me a notification that the game was on right now. If I wasn't doing anything I'd put it on. I don't usually book off the time and slap together my retard sandwich like i do for TFC and Canada games.

When I saw there was an update to this thread I thought I wouldn't learn anything. I assumed it was just going to mention that he signed a contract with TFC, which I already knew (yes I'm days late, I can't keep up with all the latest on this forum anymore). But I did learn something! I learned that the TFC thread must be a nightmare and I'm glad I don't go to the MLS subforums. Yay for me!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I wonder how players like Peruzza and Mbongue would fare in CPL. I would like to see this happen unless, of course, it derailed their career paths. Cpl versus MLS Next Pro, I suppose.

The gap is clearly too big right now between MLS & MLS NextPro.  It's becoming a disservice for players like Peruzza to be struggling between minimal minutes (opportunities) in MLS and dominating the MLS NextPro as a few TFC II players are demonstrating.  The same can be said about Farsi & JRR at Columbus Crew II.

A couple of TFC's II best players should be playing in a league in between NextPro & MLS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m probably reading too much into this but I didn’t like how much hungrier Osorio was to get to that ball on TFC’s first goal when Hugo was much closer.  You would hope a young striker would be hungry to score his first MLS goal and also be eager to impress a new coach looking for his future team (TFC especially needs help at the striker position).  I’ve been hoping for a goal from him all season.

Edited by Corazon

18 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I’m probably reading too much into this but I didn’t like how much hungrier Osorio was to get to that ball on TFC’s first goal when Hugo was much closer.  You would hope a young striker would be hungry to both score his first MLS goal and be eager to impress with a new coach coming in with many positions open for the taking (especially the striker position).  I’ve been hoping for a goal from him all season.

I wasn’t going to bring it up but that was 100% my impression as well when I was watching the game.  Loose ball in the box and Hugo was fairly casual- while Oso immediately jumped onto it a banged it in.  

Agreed. He just always seems lackadaisical. He won't get a lot of chances to play for 60+ minutes. He needed to take advantage.

Kept thinking that i wished Rusell- Rowe was on TFC this year. With their need of a striker, he would of had a solid to great first year. But he is buried on their bench. And TFC struggled with Kerr, Mbongue, Sapong, Diomande and Akinola. So many bad strikers that all of sudden Kerr doesn't look so bad

37 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Agreed. He just always seems lackadaisical. He won't get a lot of chances to play for 60+ minutes. He needed to take advantage.

Kept thinking that i wished Rusell- Rowe was on TFC this year. With their need of a striker, he would of had a solid to great first year. But he is buried on their bench. And TFC struggled with Kerr, Mbongue, Sapong, Diomande and Akinola. So many bad strikers that all of sudden Kerr doesn't look so bad

TFC just can’t properly evaluate talent… just look at Rosted and Petretta