Hugo-Hilaire Mbongue

Dominic94

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Needed reading glassed to double check the u20 list to see he was definitely missing. 

Thought that was a surprise for all the press he was getting at TFC. 

I can only hope there is an additional camp before the final camp/selection.

6 hours ago, Cblake said:

Was up ay York University this afternoon for TFC II's home opener. What a great day for Hugo for TFC II with the brace and a lot of great chances in today's victory over NYCFC II, this kid's future is bright. 

Wasnt the game closed to the public?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ag futbol said:

What’s the potential here, I have to wonder?  Is this the next blue chip prospect in our player pool?

At face value, it feels like they cleared Russel-Rowe and some others out of TFC2 to make more room for Hugo. 

He’s supposed to be pretty good and I believe higher ceiling than Ralph.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, narduch said:

Here comes the TFC apologist

Fuck off.

But seriously, I want to see the same energy from you for the other two MLS teams when they sign players from their academies. If holding all three teams to the same standard (which I've consistently done over the years) is being an apologist for TFC, then so be it.

Just be prepared to hear about it.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

Fuck off.

But seriously, I want to see the same energy from you for the other two MLS teams when they sign players from their academies. If holding all three teams to the same standard (which I've consistently done over the years) is being an apologist for TFC, then so be it.

Just be prepared to hear about it.

Lmfao, the other 2 teams doing a bad job doesn't absolve TFC. That is real pathetic whataboutism from you.

4 minutes ago, RS said:

God, you're such an insufferable piece of shit when anyone even slightly disagrees with you.

You are the one that started with the snippy comments.

Could have just said you thought it was a good signing and move on of that's how you feel

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

Kind of laughable for MLS and it's clubs to try to pass off Next Pro as 'professional', as this press release tries to do. It's a glorified reserve league at best.

I'm assuming that this move means Peruzza won't be back next season. Mbongue will take his spot.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Not sure how he’s going to play 

Yes, that struck me as rather odd as well.

The open DP spot will almost certainly be filled by a forward, and I don't think TFC can get rid of both Jimenez and Akinola that easily, so he'll immediately be behind them as well. I'm guessing this doesn't mean good news for Perruzza, though.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

You are the one that started with the snippy comments.

Could Have just said you thought it was a good signing and move on of that's how you feel

As I've pointed out above, I don't know if it's a good signing or not. So why would I say that? You'd probably call me an apologist if I did anyway.

Either way, I'm sure the kid is happy to get a shot, which was my original point. Sure, he may be another for the "churn," or he could turn into another Akinola.