WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

12 minutes ago, badname22 said:

I'm expecting a 433 with Larin on the right but a 442 makes a lot of sense too and the 3atb concept looks gnarly

4-3-3 or 4-4-2 make the most sense because having a back 3 you easily get exposed with a back three on counter attack...whereas back four they don't catch you as much on that counter attack especially when they have possession 

1 minute ago, nazzer said:

I don't know what it means; I'm just parroting what is said by those countries

yea I know you were, as i've heard that before.
just it doesn't make sense....maybe their football culture?

Edited by Shway

3 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Johnston. Another Herdman pet project, like Godinho before him. Let's hope it works out this time. 

Kennedy with his first cap, when we have been calling for him to be part of the program for 2 years, and Herdman just recently decides he's good enough. 

Alright, it is what it is. Let's just move forward and get the job done. 

I feel like that might be a bit harsh... More like, Johnston, a consistently good MLS starting right back... and Kennedy, a player who just finished his first good year in the 2. Bundesliga after years in lower division Austria... I don't think it's that bad of a situation, lets get this done. 

Larin - - - - - David - - - - - Davies

Osorio - - - - Piette - - - - Eustaquio 

Laryea - - Kennedy - - Henry--Johnston 

Borjan

I think we gotta have Laryea and Davies on opposite sides of the pitch for proper width, and Davies on the right makes more sense than Johnston on the left. 

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

There was a heat warning here and we broke temperature records but the slightly superstitious part of me feels like I should throw on the flannel lumberjack supporters shirt just in case.  

....I put my son in his red flannel pjs that has pants and long sleeves...bad parenting? bottom line wear your red!🤣

1 minute ago, Fullback said:

I still have my doubts that this is how we lineup. Johnston is not a CB

I’ve made a point of my fear of Herdman overthinking and outcoaching himself. I hope that doesn’t happen....

Edited by trc2014

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

I worked with a few people of Guyanese descent when I lived in London. They're definitely more Caribbean than South American culturally. They were as big on the Notting Hill Carnival as our colleagues of Jamaican and Bahamian descent.

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I still have my doubts that this is how we lineup. Johnston is not a CB

Just now, VinceA said:

Seems like he's going to be like Kyle Walker, and Johnston is a defense first fullback so I think this works for him.

Herdman has played Adekugbe in this role on the left as well. I think that's exactly what we are going to see. 

15 minutes ago, Shway said:

The guys I play with are mostly from the West Indies with a large Guyanese contingent. My impression is Guyana at least considers themselves part of the Caribbean, they sure talk a lot like them and they can understand the Jamaicans which is more than I can say a lot of the time😄

Edited by rightback
Missed a word