WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

Just now, Dominic94 said:

What’s dumb about it ? No one was talking about Corbeanu like they are now, last year.  Whereas both of them were seen as our next 2 stars and are top 2 prospects.

No one is "supposed to be" anything.  Or is "supposed to be better than" anyone else.   They each have solid pro potential and are taking their own different paths.  They also have many potential pitfalls and challenges they'll face. 

1 minute ago, Acid-Tone said:

No one is "supposed to be" anything.  Or is "supposed to be better than" anyone else.   They each have solid pro potential and are taking their own different paths.  They also have many potential pitfalls and challenges they'll face. 

Even minus the supposed to be, Rutty and Habibullah were seen as having higher ceilings.

what’s dumb about that ? 

There's going to be a lot of final day drama next week. The schedule writers did a very good job!  Four of the six groups have two teams tied for first place, that are playing each other on Tuesday.

Group A - El Salvador vs. Antigua, tied on 7 points, El Salvador with the better GD, but if the match is a draw Monserrat passes both of them by beating Grenada. Wouldn't that be amazing!

Group B - Canada vs. Suriname, tied on 9 points, us with the better GD

Group C - Curacao vs. Guatemala, tied on 9 points, tied on GD, Curacao with one more goal scored

Group E - Haiti vs. Nicaragua, tied on 6 points, Haiti with the better GD

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Even minus the supposed to be, Rutty and Habibullah were seen as having higher ceilings.

what’s dumb about that ? 

I've seen a lot of players go through this program with "high ceilings".  Wait until they actually do something day in, day out before you  determine who's better than who.

3 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Same, I feel for my fellow V's but I had no issues whatsoever, so strange. 

Usually very good but to tonight was the worst ever.  Did sort itself out by about the 65th minute or so.

OneSoccer cannot afford a repeat of tonight against Suriname.  Canada matches are their marketing bait.  

15 minutes ago, gator said:

I'm glad we got a comfortable win and it seems like good strategy to play a mostly different 11 and getting Tuesday's starting forwards some playing time, LB may have been the one position we didn't need an injury in and we shall see, maybe JH was going to play Davies at LB anyway!

Laryea can play LB very well. We need to play Davies up front.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

I've seen a lot of players go through this program with "high ceilings".  Wait until they actually do something day in, day out before you  determine who's better than who.

I haven’t determined who’s better. Just said it’s crazy that his ceiling wasn’t seen as higher. He didn’t come out of no where but he’s ahead of where everyone expected him to be. 

The team was flat in the 1st half even with the lead. Play was way too slow and sloppy. Better 2nd half. But the level of Davies & David is exponentially higher than the rest of our squad. Their introduction and then Larin just supercharged our performance. Tajon, ZBG and Cav with 2 goals also had strong games.

8 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Laryea can play LB very well. We need to play Davies up front.

It's a significant debate.

Hume just said he sees Davies at LB/LWB.  Wheeler is on the Davies at LW.

Crazy problem to have for us. 

Honestly, it depends on the opponent in my opinion. Will be interesting what the gaffer goes with. Vs Suriname. 

Davies is excellent, I still rate Larin, David and Cav as better goal scorers.

Edited by apbsmith
"don't worry" removed

14 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Thank you. I had no idea those controls were there. Turns out I needed to scroll down a little bit to find them. Sadly, I'm not on stadium sound, I have "English" selected. Oh well, at least I got the video ... when it was working and I wasn't getting "This video file cannot be played" errors every four minutes.

Perhaps it will be better on Tuesday.

I hope so!

13 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

I'm convinced Corbeanu has the level to become a regular player for Wolves  I'd love for him to get a Championship loan this next season if he is not getting EPL minutes, and IMO another season of youth football would do nothing for him at this point.

I highly doubt Wolves let him go on loan. Wolves are switching from a defensive first to a offensive first style. They've sacked Nuno and hired Bruno Lage as manager, who likes playing all-out attack footy. Corbeanu should get some looks next season behind Neto and Adama, especially as I believe Podence will be sold. 

Edited by Hawkguy

17 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

I had zero issues tonight with one soccer. Not sure why my experience is so different than everyone else’s

How did you watch?  Browser or App?  Did you cast it to a TV or direct on computer?

I was casting from a browser to chromecast.  It cut off  and crashed regularly.  Not much better from my phone app, it also just stopped regularly. 

9 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

There's going to be a lot of final day drama next week. The schedule writers did a very good job!  Four of the six groups have two teams tied for first place, that are playing each other on Tuesday.

Group A - El Salvador vs. Antigua, tied on 7 points, El Salvador with the better GD, but if the match is a draw Monserrat passes both of them by beating Grenada. Wouldn't that be amazing!

Group B - Canada vs. Suriname, tied on 9 points, us with the better GD

Group C - Curacao vs. Guatemala, tied on 9 points, tied on GD, Curacao with one more goal scored

Group E - Haiti vs. Nicaragua, tied on 6 points, Haiti with the better GD

Montserrat would need to win by at least 6 goals to win the group (plus of course a draw between El Salvador and Antigua & Barbuda). Not going to happen....

I feel like our first half team is similar to what we have been like for the past 10-15 years. Perform ok, get a couple goals, a few bright spots... but with Davies, David, Larin, and hopefully Eustaquio it brings a level of quality that is unprecedented for this team. I was a bit worried about Suriname, but honestly these are 3 of probably the top 10 guys in our whole region. We shouldn't have an issue.

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

How did you watch?  Browser or App?  Did you cast it to a TV or direct on computer?

I was casting from a browser to chromecast.  It cut off  and crashed regularly.  Not much better from my phone app, it also just stopped regularly. 

I watched on my TV streaming via my Roku.

12 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

It's a significant debate.

Hume just said he sees Davies at LB/LWB.  Wheeler is on the Davies at LW.

Crazy problem to have for us. 

Honestly, it depends on the opponent in my opinion. Will be interesting what the gaffer goes with. Vs Suriname. 

Davies is excellent, I still rate Larin, David and Cav as better goal scorers.

I think Davies should play LB easily. He plays there for the best team in the world, why would play him upfront except against minnows. Against good teams, put him there. He can still great offense and we have a ton of offense with David, Cavallini, Larin, and Corbeanu already.

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Anyone else watching Herdman’s post game press conference?

he just asked Peter Galindo to stop posting detailed information about Canadian players, lol.

Galindo advanced stats and analyticals are legit though.

Honestly surprised he's a journo and not working in that area.

Edited by apbsmith

27 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Yup my stream was brutal also. I was pretty chill but will not be able to deal with that on Tuesday 

Exactly. And if we get to the home and away against say Haiti. I would lose my shit if it was doing that.

I'm sure it was just too much traffic. The stream has been perfect since the game ended. Better update the servers going forward.

Edited by Hawkguy

The sad thing for one soccer is this and the Suriname games are the kind of things that subscribers use to show people their product.  I was zooming with a lifelong Canadian footy fan and also had a friend over.  Then they have to sit through over 10 crashes and refreshes.  What a missed opportunity for OS.  Imagine if we make the Ocho and they get games picked up by major sports networks - and the product they deliver is like what most of us experienced tonight.