Enes Sali

Dominic94

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What an ignorant post.

The CSA white knight comes out of hiding. Go jump in the Ottawa River.

aren’t you sick of so many really good Canadian players playing for youth teams for other countries because we don’t hold any camps and friendlies.  
please explain why it’s an ignorant post? There is so many ways for the CSA to get the money needed for these camps but they don’t and they won’t hire a experience manager, they hired Olivieri ….

Don’t you think these really good young talent players should be playing for Canada and playing against tough competition? 

Edited by SpecialK

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

The CSA white knight comes out of hiding. Go jump in the Ottawa River.

aren’t you sick of so many really good Canadian players playing for youth teams for other countries because we don’t hold any camps and friendlies.  
please explain why it’s an ignorant post? There is so many ways for the CSA to get the money needed for these camps but they don’t and they won’t hire a experience manager, they hired Olivieri ….

Don’t you think these really good young talent players should be playing for Canada and playing against tough competition? 

Triggered.

48 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Triggered.

Maybe you should come up with some thing that’s productive and adds to the conversation and not just defend at all cost and be the unofficial mouthpiece kiss ass of the CSA. I swear you haven’t criticize the CSA not even once since I’ve been on here, in all their lunacy.

Honestly you’re just a coward

Edited by SpecialK

There are legitimate questions to be asked of the CSA concerning the fact that despite a growth of the sport in this country and 2026 why pre covid have they not done more to secure sponsors and funding for the program. It's easy to cry poor but when Carribean countries are apparently outspending you that's a problem. Especially when you parade the program as a top one in CONCACAF. 

Remember in a World Cup year in 2018 Canada played four games. Four. There's no excuse for that.

There are definitely dual nationals who we will lose because they never get a chance to play in a camp with Canada and by the time we want to offer them senior minutes it's too late.

Sali, Smith, Dias, Flores and Jebbison alone warrant a camp. Not to mention the MLS and CPL guys we have forging their careers at the moment.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:30 PM, Footyeh said:

I told people to watch for this kid months ago😄

CSA was made aware of him a long time ago.  The issue is that the CSA has no money for the youth so that means no camps anytime soon despite the 06's being a U17 World Cup cycle.  By the time Canada holds a camp for them next year, Enes will probably have played 10+ matches for Romania.

For anyone curious, the CSA did reach out once but the issue is they are still not planning to hold any camps for this 06 cycle until later next year.  Hagi will continue to push the Romanian federation to move him up the ladder although I think the boy and his family would prefer Canada.  Hagi's plan is to sell him at the seasons end.  

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

What are these easy ways the CSA can drum up all this money...??  

FIFA was and is still giving out massive loans and grants to federations, plus not for profits and others were given support from the Canadian government. On top of that sponsorship money. 

Edited by SpecialK

10 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Maybe you should come up with some thing that’s productive and adds to the conversation and not just defend at all cost and be the unofficial mouthpiece kiss ass of the CSA. I swear you haven’t criticize the CSA not even once since I’ve been on here, in all their lunacy.

What's cowardly is blindly blaming this all on the CSA.  I can guarantee you that even if the CSA held monthly camps with high-priced friendlies, this kid would still rep Romania.  His family moved him to Romania at a young age.  He is ingrained in their sport and culture.  To say that the CSA could've stopped this is naive. 

Yes, it would be good if the CSA had more of a youth infrastructure, but to imply that this would keep youth duals from choosing other countries is fooling yourself.  It didn't work for Begovic or Tomori, so there is no reason to think it would work here.  At some point you have to lay some of the "blame" (if you can call it that) on the player themselves for wanting to play for another country.  I realize it's not as sexy as repeating "CSA SUX" ad nauseum, but it's true.

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

If you're going to resort to name calling you're going to have to take a time out.

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

FIFA was and is still giving out massive loans and grants to federations, plus not for profits and others were given support from the Canadian government. On top of that sponsorship money. 

Loans and grants from government and FIFA??  And sponsorship money.....hmmmmmm, you better get right on the horn.  I doubt they have tried to get sponsorship money before.  We have a saying around my jobsite.. "if it was easy everyone would do it."  I dont think drumming up millions in new grants and sponsorships is as simple and easy as you make it sound.  I dont know for sure, but I dont travel the high goverbment circles and I am not a millionaire captain of industry.  

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

If you're going to resort to name calling you're going to have to take a time out.

I am truly sorry, my frustration got the better of me and yes you and I don’t like each other and don’t agree, but I shouldn’t  have called you a name. If I hurt your feelings I am sorry. We are all Canadian Soccer fans and supporters. I can be better. 

Edited by SpecialK

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Loans and grants from government and FIFA??  And sponsorship money.....hmmmmmm, you better get right on the horn.  I doubt they have tried to get sponsorship money before.  We have a saying around my jobsite.. "if it was easy everyone would do it."  I dont think drumming up millions in new grants and sponsorships is as simple and easy as you make it sound.  I dont know for sure, but I dont travel the high goverbment circles and I am not a millionaire captain of industry.  

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1106360/fifa-hands-out-more-than-45-million

21 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I am truly sorry, my frustration got the better of me and yes you and I don’t like each other and don’t agree, but I shouldn’t  have called you a name. If I hurt your feelings I am sorry. We are all Canadian Soccer fans and supporters. I can be better. 

I have no ill will towards you and definitely would not say I "don't like you." I'm indifferent to you as a person, I don't know you. However your constant negativity and naivety in regards to the reality of the CSA and it's financial situation is repetitive and tiresome.

4 hours ago, El Hombre said:

What's cowardly is blindly blaming this all on the CSA.  I can guarantee you that even if the CSA held monthly camps with high-priced friendlies, this kid would still rep Romania.  His family moved him to Romania at a young age.  He is ingrained in their sport and culture.  To say that the CSA could've stopped this is naive. 

Yes, it would be good if the CSA had more of a youth infrastructure, but to imply that this would keep youth duals from choosing other countries is fooling yourself.  It didn't work for Begovic or Tomori, so there is no reason to think it would work here.  At some point you have to lay some of the "blame" (if you can call it that) on the player themselves for wanting to play for another country.  I realize it's not as sexy as repeating "CSA SUX" ad nauseum, but it's true.

Have to disagree here based on personal knowledge of this boy and others in the past.  They would 100% choose Canada.  Especially in the case of this boy, moving to Romania was the absolute last resort.  His family is still in Canada.

My biggest gripe with the CSA is they are really not proactive with anything when it comes to youth.  For example, someone who doesn't even work in the sport brought this player to the attention of the CSA and it wasn't even until the kid debuted for Romania until they sent an introductory email.  Player identification is horrible, they leave it up to the pro clubs to find the players but they can't even get it right.