2021 The Voyageurs Vote: 24 Under 24 (list revealed)

Shway

212045461_22under22_Number2copy.jpg.c1e4ef414cc9cfd338f5179ae07038d0.jpg

Here is the link:

This is a poll ranking who we think our best under 24 players are. We've had a substantial amount of players who have came onto the club scene or even the national team scene within the past several years. We've discussed, and ranked players some of these guys solely by position,  so it willI be interesting to see these results on the larger scale.

(I will reveal the results in two weeks time)

24under24-2.ai-01.thumb.jpg.d71d3c5f070f80c31bce6c6bff3f20c8.jpg

Edited by Shway

Was going to say Hasal should be there but I guess he hasn't been called up to the seniors/U23's recently so nevermind! He's the only real snub who isn't a dual-nat and even then he would have only been 19th on my list

Edited by DavemTFC

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

It's less catchy, but next year maybe do "top 10 under 24" 😄

Ranking 24 players is really difficult and time consuming!

Trust me. I agree...24 is a lot lol, but we’ve  had a unique few years. 

I suspect the top 10 won’t be surprising - it’s the rest I’m interested in seeing

4 hours ago, DavemTFC said:

Was going to say Hasal should be there but I guess he hasn't been called up to the seniors/U23's recently so nevermind! He's the only real snub who isn't a dual-nat and even then he would have only been 19th on my list

If Kennedy is on there, shouldn't Hasal too? What about Twardek?

30 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

If Kennedy is on there, shouldn't Hasal too? What about Twardek?

Kennedy was going to be called albeit for his injury. Same could be said about Hasal with the U23’s but I guess I should’ve added him in hindsight with the few mentions.

Twardek was probably a miss, I can add him so that he can make your 25th spot?😉

6 hours ago, DavemTFC said:

He was called to the Olympic qualifiers but held back over fear of his concussion recovery.  He's also a Czech citizen.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the results from the 24 under 24. 
Some obvious and interesting results.

24under24-2.ai-01.thumb.jpg.d71d3c5f070f80c31bce6c6bff3f20c8.jpg

Some facts:

- 50 total voters
- Everyone in the list was at least voted for once.
- Only David, Davies, and Corbeanu were in every voters rankings
- Davies and David would've been updisputed #1 & #2 if not for one voter having David as #1,  and Davies #2

Edited by Shway

I think Jahkeele and Lucas have some very high ratings for barely playing professional games. I would say the same for Corbeanu but he got minutes with the MNT and is in a premier league team. 

It will be interesting to revisit this at the end of the year. As guys like Shaffelburg could have a big break through in this list. 

• Shway changed the title to 2021 The Voyageurs Vote: 24 Under 24 (list revealed)

Thanks again @Shway for doing this. It was fun and it's cool to see the results. I hope we make this an annual thing. 

Some thoughts:

• There were some surprises, but overall the list seems very reasonable. I think it shows that despite our differing opinions on this player or that, we collectively do a good job of assessing the Canadian player. Good job everyone!
  • Comments on individual players:
    • We seem to be higher on Bassong than Fraser, despite the fact that Liam has double the caps and more than triple the pro matches. Fraser also played a big role in the Nations League win against the US, one of our biggest victories in recent memory. 
    • Scott Kennedy has generated a tremendous amount of excitement on this board, with unanimous calls for him to be called into the next senior camp, and near-unanimous calls for him to be a start for us at CB. Despite that, he came in at 14th behind Miller (9th) and Cornelius (5th).
    • Marcus Godinho has taken big strides in repairing his reputation with the fan base, to the point where he actually came in ahead of Gutierrez, a dual-national who not to long ago looked more likely to play for Chile than Canada.
    • Like Shway mentioned, Dias and Rutty making the top 12 is a little eye catching. I think it speaks to the power of potential.