Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ivan said:

I don't think Leutwiler is a starter for Huddersfield, is he?  I thought he was #2 or 3.  I would have Hasal and Pantemis ahead of him.

I was just going to say Leutwiler hasn't played a single minute in the Championship this season. He generally hasn't played much the last few seasons. I'd take Pantemis as well if Borjan is missing since he's the "veteran" among the kids if that makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gigi riva said:

My top three are 

Borjan,

ST Clair.

Crepeau.

on the rise I say   Hasal, and Pantemis

I think that’s pretty clearly the top 3 right now, with Crepeau arguably above DSC, in the mind of Herdman at least. Will be interesting to see what happens with Crepeau/Hasal

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, archer21 said:

I think that’s pretty clearly the top 3 right now, with Crepeau arguably above DSC, in the mind of Herdman at least. Will be interesting to see what happens with Crepeau/Hasal

The reason I have St Clair slightly ahead of Crepeau is that Crepeau due to injury bearely played last year and St Clair played plenty

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very much on board with Borjan getting overtaken sooner or later. He always has one big mistake in him. All we need is for that to hit us hard against a bigger team.

Love his service to Canada but his years beating up on smaller Serbian teams and then getting rolled over in the Champion's League doesn't fill me with confidence that he's in a challenging environment, not like it did 2-3 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 2:14 PM, Buchta said:

Simon Thomas has been without a club since January.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is still without a club.

I am not so sure that just because a keeper is playing in the CPL, they deserve to be placed above a keeper playing abroad.  ;)

Keepers who are playing abroad (and not in the CPL) generally have close to year round training, and more matches than keepers in the CPL.  Hopefully that changes in the future with regards to the CPL.  

fair enough about Thomas. I just imagine that in dire needs he’d get the call over a young keeper who’s never been in a senior camp. Although I don’t truly think we’ll ever be that desperate to call so far down the depth chart. 
 

The CPL sentiment was more so comparing to the Serie D keepers who have never been to a camp being listed above guys like Carducci, Irving, Oxner. 
 

I’m not suggesting they deserve a call up just because of their allegiance to a CPL club, but this forum has an affinity with players in Europe at levels of play they’ve never even watched. I’m pretty confident there are several CPL guys higher in Herdman’s list than  an Aldo Commisso. 

Edited by Pottsy3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gigi riva said:

The reason I have St Clair slightly ahead of Crepeau is that Crepeau due to injury bearely played last year and St Clair played plenty

Agreed, I also feel St Clair has a higher ceiling.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

fair enough about Thomas. I just imagine that in dire needs he’d get the call over a young keeper who’s never been in a senior camp. Although I don’t truly think we’ll ever be that desperate to call so far down the depth chart. 
 

The CPL sentiment was more so comparing to the Serie D keepers who have never been to a camp being listed above guys like Carducci, Irving, Oxner. 

I was not comparing Serie D and the CPL.  I never said Serie D players should be called up, only that they exist and are playing. That is all ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I really really hope The CSA can put together some youth games so we can showcase and give more opportunities to likes of Hasal, Busti and Desjardins. It shame we don’t play more youth games. 

With the youth world cups cancelled this year and the border pretty much still closed, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I really really hope The CSA can put together some youth games so we can showcase and give more opportunities to likes of Hasal, Busti and Desjardins. It shame we don’t play more youth games. 

I am not sure of the status of Busti with his club.  I do not think he has been in the game day roster for months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...