Jules-Anthony Vilsaint

• 4 weeks later...

It's exciting that Vilsaint was able to get a first team number this season but I'm noticing that Royal Antwerp made some huge splashes in the summer transfermarket. 

At the start of the transfer period, they brought in Michael Frey from Feherbache and Michel-Ange Balikwisha from Standard Liege to challenge for positions up top, but Vilsaint was still able to make the squad. 

In the last few weeks they were more able to bring home Antwerp-native Radja Naingolan from Inter, forward Johannes Eggestein (Top 10 scorer in Austria last year, played multiple Bundesliga seasons with Bremen) and winger Viktor Fischer who was once pretty highly touted on Ajax. Additionally, USMNT defender Sam Vines and former Aston Villa CB Bjorn Engels are making it more difficult to find roster spots.

I think it's fair to assume he might be with the U21 team (as suggested on transfermarkt). They will begin their season August 23rd.

One positive note: Vilsaint working with Axia Sports Management seems to bode well for CanMNT hopefuls. They have a pretty big network of Canadian players (especially Sigma grad), all of whom have ended up committing to play for us (outside of Welshman who simply was too far down the pecking order).

Edited by Pottsy3

22 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

It's exciting that Vilsaint was able to get a first team number this season but I'm noticing that Royal Antwerp made some huge splashes in the summer transfermarket. 

At the start of the transfer period, they brought in Michael Frey from Feherbache and Michel-Ange Balikwisha from Standard Liege to challenge for positions up top, but Vilsaint was still able to make the squad. 

In the last few weeks they were more able to bring home Antwerp-native Radja Naingolan from Inter, forward Johannes Eggestein (Top 10 scorer in Austria last year, played multiple Bundesliga seasons with Bremen) and winger Viktor Fischer who was once pretty highly touted on Ajax. Additionally, USMNT defender Sam Vines and former Aston Villa CB Bjorn Engels are making it more difficult to find roster spots.

I think it's fair to assume he might be with the U21 team (as suggested on transfermarkt). They will begin their season August 23rd.

One positive note: Vilsaint working with Axia Sports Management seems to bode well for CanMNT hopefuls. They have a pretty big network of Canadian players (especially Sigma grad), all of whom have ended up committing to play for us (outside of Welshman who simply was too far down the pecking order).

Oh man I'm happy to see Welshman be a big part of Guyana's recent rise but I remember when he got cut by TFC after playing like one game and was complaining on Twitter that he wasn't get call-ups to Canada LOL