COQ | Match Thread: Mexico U24 vs Canada U24 | March 28 @ 9:00pm Eastern 6:00pm Pacific

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

This is an unusually strong Mexican team though. Also, they’re at home. I think we’re at a bigger disadvantage then usual but I certainly hope I’m wrong 

Heat alone is a factor which both Canada and US had to face. See things dwindle from 65 min as players run out of gas. 

40 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Man if these kids pull this off it will be a banner night for Canadian soccer.  The positive fall out from a victory would be gargantuan for the program.

Hopefully we can keep it 0-0 into the second half and Mexican sphincters will start to tighten. 

better yet, we are able to somehow be up by a goal early, even if it means hanging on for dear life for the rest of the game, it'll be against a team slowly losing their cool

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

This is an unusually strong Mexican team though. Also, they’re at home. I think we’re at a bigger disadvantage then usual but I certainly hope I’m wrong 

You're right. Everyone of these Mexicans is at least 22 and have played for their senior team.

58 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Man if these kids pull this off it will be a banner night for Canadian soccer.  The positive fall out from a victory would be gargantuan for the program.

Hopefully we can keep it 0-0 into the second half and Mexican sphincters will start to tighten. 

Oddly enough, giving up a relatively early goal might not be as catastrophic as some may think, so long as we continue to be a tough nut to crack on the bus park.  The frustration of not being able to run up the score might be more of a psychological problem for our home opponent.  They will keep pushing up numbers and we have the Tajon factor off the counter so, we can sucker punch.  

We fell behind against a highly favoured opponent twenty-one years, tying in the second half, winning on a golden goal.

Dare to dream!

Edited by BearcatSA