COQ | Match Thread: Mexico U24 vs Canada U24 | March 28 @ 9:00pm Eastern 6:00pm Pacific

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

winning this is really doable..we are equal to them on quality and up to now on performance..just gotta avoid big mistakes and then score one or win on penalties..shows how much our player quality is getting better that we dont look inferior to them

We could do a snatch and grab....Hopefully Derek can put in a 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

First sub will be Brym for Bair. 
I would honestly like to see Tajon on at forward, since we are playing a counter/route 1

I don't. Other than Dias, it doesn't look like Canada has anyone who can create off a 1 v 1 on the flanks.

Add in the suckiness in passing, Buchanan up top would get no service.

now sub in Tabla and I might say Buchanan up top might be something to try

Edited by Yohan

1 minute ago, Yohan said:

I don't. Other than Dias, it doesn't look like Canada has anyone who can create off a 1 v 1 on the flanks.

Add in the suckiness in passing, Buchanan up top would get no service.

now sub in Tabla and I might say Buchanan up top might be something to try

This is exactly what I meant. Forgot to mention the part about it being Ballou for Brym.

Very happy so far as we are showing true underdog fight.  Some things to consider.

1) This Mexican team is absolutely stacked.

2) Many Mexican players senior capped and 22 years old vs our younger and inexperienced team.

2) We are missing about 10 players with our senior squad.

4) We are missing a couple other European players (Paton, Twardek etc.) (Yes, Mexico is missing some as well).

3)  We lost about a half a dozen players with TFC at the last minute.  Several of them likely starters.

4) Our captain and only true senior squad player is out injured this game.

5) Most of our players are out of season compared to the Liga MX players.

Hopefully we come out just as strong this half but this group is making me proud so far.

Edited by Corazon

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Hume's analysis has been very good. This ½ time show needs even more Hume analysis (and a few Hume f-bombs!) and fewer Wheeler talking points.

What is Humey saying? I am watching the free Concacaf feed in Europe.

That fight: three Mexican subs on the pitch, joining the melee, and no cards for them, that is outrageous. On the pitch. These refs: this guy was good I felt vs Haiti, he was fair. I don't think he is bad, he may be good. But he is being worked by the Mexicans and in the end we'll have to drop our pants so the reffing team can walk on daisies in Mexico. If that is the feeling I get it is because we've seen it before.

Tajon, that shot. You had Dias open on the top of the box, you jerk. He shows his talent and also his ceiling. IMO it'd be great for him to get out of MLS and be taught how to be a proper footballer in a decent European academy. 

I agree that Ballou can give us some interesting play, and Tajon just might work as a target --although their CBs will pick on him with his card. Just as we need to pick on their right back and see if we can get him to take another.

Our other sub will have to be to cover the back and those who pick up cards.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Regardless of how it ends, the boys are putting up one helluva fight.  Good on them. 

If you told me that we would have two yellow cards and yet the score would still be nil-nil at the 49th minute, I'd have been skeptical. My expectations for this match have already been exceeded.