1812 FC Barrie

Barrie Soccer Club hasn't been affiliated with 1812 FC Barrie for a while now but is affiliated with a new(er) club FC Barrie, along with De Guzman. 1812 is affiliated with Innisfil Soccer club, just south of Barrie. I have zero inside info on either club but can't see Barrie supporting two teams! If I were a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put a loonie on FC Barrie being the survivor. 

8 hours ago, RickC said:

Barrie Soccer Club hasn't been affiliated with 1812 FC Barrie for a while now but is affiliated with a new(er) club FC Barrie, along with De Guzman. 1812 is affiliated with Innisfil Soccer club, just south of Barrie. I have zero inside info on either club but can't see Barrie supporting two teams! If I were a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put a loonie on FC Barrie being the survivor. 

The FC Barrie club is called Simcoe County Rovers. FC Barrie was a placeholder name

Edited by rydermike

On 10/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, SoccMan said:

Apparently, the Barrie coach not even showing up to practice anymore players just practicing on their own, after all that hoopla this is becoming a joke lol !

Wait, what? Is there any reason for this? Is he upset with the club? Or, he just doesn't want to miss Wheel of Fortune or something?

21 hours ago, BarrieCityFC said:

How do i delete this thread?

I have no idea, but can you explain what's going on? The team's results on the field seem decent enough for a first year team. Right there with Woodbridge Strikers, ahead of a couple teams in their division.

Is this team dead? Or just dead to you? Do you just want to throw support towards the new Simcoe County team? This team if I'm not mistaken were playing their home games in Brampton or something, are they planning on changing that for next season or will it be more of the same? Why isn't the coach showing up to practice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what went wrong here exactly?

I recall hearing a podcast interview with (former) club owner Andrew Weilg*s before the 2021 season, and my Spidey sense was tingling a bit. A purportedly successful businessman who can talk a good game, but lots of these types get far in life merely with their gift of gab and ability to excite people with visions of grandeur.

I was intrigued when the club claimed it would create a supporters' trust that would own part/all of the club; however, after the Victoria Highlanders fiasco early last decade of promising fan ownership but then just folding the entire club instead, I was dubious. Looks like my gut instinct was right. All this bollocks of a "club constitution," but power and control was always in the hands of one man.

Seems like the writing was on the wall when Peter Raco, Julian De Guzman and Kristian Jack all bailed months before a ball had even been kicked.

Edited by Blue and White Army

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 1:07 PM, Blue and White Army said:

So what went wrong here exactly?

I recall hearing a podcast interview with (former) club owner Andrew Weilg*s before the 2021 season, and my Spidey sense was tingling a bit. A purportedly successful businessman who can talk a good game, but lots of these types get far in life merely with their gift of gab and ability to excite people with visions of grandeur.

I was intrigued when the club claimed it would create a supporters' trust that would own part/all of the club; however, after the Victoria Highlanders fiasco early last decade of promising fan ownership but then just folding the entire club instead, I was dubious. Looks like my gut instinct was right. All this bollocks of a "club constitution," but power and control was always in the hands of one man.

Seems like the writing was on the wall when Peter Raco, Julian De Guzman and Kristian Jack all bailed months before a ball had even been kicked.

Looks like they figured this Andrew Wielg guy out pretty quickly and bailed on him . Let’s just say I was very close to someone who was going to coach Barrie 1812 last season but a good thing it didn’t work out in the end .