1812 FC Barrie

1812 FC will be based out of Barrie and will represent all the youth soccer teams from across Huronia.
1812 has partnered with Innisfil soccer club(neighbouring area) as their youth club but will be based out of Barrie.Like Scrosoppi FC(Milton) youth team is Brampton.I should ask the mods/admins to remove it.

Edited by BarrieCityFC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy crap. ANB hasn't been in the league since 2015? I was thinking they were still in the league or maybe out for a year. This pandemic is messing with my memory and sense of time.

OK, since ANB is thoroughly out of the league, this is good news. I was thinking that it was awkward for a team in L1O to have a partnership with another team in L1O. That is not an issue apparently in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I correct that the Kempenfelt Crew is both the supporters' trust and the supporters' group?

Exactly how much of the club will the supporters' trust own?

Am I correct that club owner Andrew Weilgus will sit on the board of the supporters' trust? Supporters' trusts are essentially fan unions, so while it's nice that Weilgus wants to create such an entity, it's unusual for the club owner to be formally involved (unless I'm mistaken).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very excited for our first game.It shows you what can happen when you give something to try.Pretty sure one of my very first post on this forum was asking advice on how to start a supporters club that would push for a team.Now very shortly i will get to see that team play.

Edited by BarrieCityFC
typo

Cant actually wait for Sunday.There have been so many ups and downs to this project but this will still be unique in soccer culture in this country.This all started by a couple of fans looking for a team to cheer in their locality and on Sunday that will happen.
If anyone is in the Vaughan area please come along and help support local soccer.

Edited by BarrieCityFC

• 2 weeks later...

This is about two weeks late, but it looks like former TFC and MLS veteran Jeremy Hall was brought on as a "player/coach". Another TFC vet, Quillan Roberts is also with the club. The other notable names I recognized are the Rahman brothers who have both spent some time in Europe and with the Pakistani National team, and Uday Arora who bounced around Portugal for awhile.

It feels as though a lot of the clubs joining L10 are doing so with a lot more infrastructure in place, assumedly with intentions to eventually become professional clubs. JDG's involvement, and bringing Jeff Paulus onboard seems to indicate that L10 is not the end goal.

10 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

This is about two weeks late, but it looks like former TFC and MLS veteran Jeremy Hall was brought on as a "player/coach". Another TFC vet, Quillan Roberts is also with the club. The other notable names I recognized are the Rahman brothers who have both spent some time in Europe and with the Pakistani National team, and Uday Arora who bounced around Portugal for awhile.

It feels as though a lot of the clubs joining L10 are doing so with a lot more infrastructure in place, assumedly with intentions to eventually become professional clubs. JDG's involvement, and bringing Jeff Paulus onboard seems to indicate that L10 is not the end goal.

Hopefully the big names like JDG are a sign that they are serious. I remember thinking the same thing of Internacional de Toronto in the first season of League 1 Ontario with Nolberto Solano as their manager, but unfortunately they didn't make it through the first season.

Lol come on been there than that, this Barrie team was announced with all the fan fare , big press conference and  everything else . So I looked up where their home games our hoping to catch a game while at my cottage this coming weekend . Well their home game this weekend is in that beautiful Barrie suburb of Brampton lol I guess there are no soccer fields in Barrie I guess . You can’t make these things up even if you tried lol . But yet these guys apparently have aspirations of going to the CPL one day sure. Just read something about another city in Ontario with CPL aspirations from a group in Peterborough looking to start in League 1 Ontario in 2022 . Reading that article was like reading the articles of this Barrie team when they started out with all their hoopla and big talk lol. Hopefully this Peterborough thing goes a bit better because so far this Barrie thing has been more or less a shit show unfortunately after all that big talk in the beginning with all their infighting with that ownership group in Barrie.

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Lol come on been there than that, this Barrie team was announced with all the fan fare , big press conference and  everything else . So I looked up where their home games our hoping to catch a game while at my cottage this coming weekend . Well their home game this weekend is in that beautiful Barrie suburb of Brampton lol I guess there are no soccer fields in Barrie I guess . You can’t make these things up even if you tried lol . But yet these guys apparently have aspirations of going to the CPL one day sure. Just read something about another city in Ontario with CPL aspirations from a group in Peterborough looking to start in League 1 Ontario in 2022 . Reading that article was like reading the articles of this Barrie team when they started out with all their hoopla and big talk lol. Hopefully this Peterborough thing goes a bit better because so far this Barrie thing has been more or less a shit show unfortunately after all that big talk in the beginning with all their infighting with that ownership group in Barrie.

Its all been very unfortunate.

Yeah, that sucks. I didn't realize they were playing their home games in Brampton. That's worse than York 9/United playing their games in Toronto rather than York Region. The field in Brampton is 90 km from the centre of Barrie. Does anybody know if this is supposedly a temporary thing for some reason? Will they play their games in Barrie next season?

On the plus side, maybe this indicates Thunder Bay Chill can actually join L1O after all. They can just play their home games at Lamport stadium in downtown Toronto. That won't cause travel issues for the other teams.

Full Club Statement - (TL/DR = Georgian College is closed to outsiders due to COVID19)

https://1812fc.com/1812-fc-barrie-to-play-home-games-in-the-gta-for-the-2021-league1-season/

1812 FC has announced it will play the majority of its home games at Terry Fox Stadium in Brampton, Ontario as Georgian College remains closed due to Covid.

“We had hoped to play our 2021 season games in Barrie at Georgian College, unfortunately, the school remains closed to outside organizations due to Covid and they would not accommodate our request,” said Managing Partner Andrew Weilgus.

“We look forward to playing home games in the region in 2022 with our fans part of the experience. While it’s very disappointing we will not be able to play in Barrie, we understand there are circumstances far out of our control”.

The team explored playing in Innisfil but lack of access to needed facilities made that impossible.

1812 FC’s first match at Terry Fox Stadium is Saturday, August 14th at 6:00 pm

• 2 months later...