Radio Rights - CanPL

Ingham

does anyone know if there are radio rights in the Canadian Premier League? Obviously there are image rights so I can't record the games myself, but some leagues have rights to narrate over the games in general just via voice. And I was curious if this is the case in CanPL.

Been doing some commentating for Peruvian games and am maybe keen to try it here too.

10 hours ago, Ingham said:

does anyone know if there are radio rights in the Canadian Premier League? Obviously there are image rights so I can't record the games myself, but some leagues have rights to narrate over the games in general just via voice. And I was curious if this is the case in CanPL.

Been doing some commentating for Peruvian games and am maybe keen to try it here too.

I can't remember the 2019 season but at the Island Games TSN Ottawa sports radio station covered the Atletico games. 

I believe the same announcer also did some games for TSN Hamilton and TSN Winnipeg.

The announcer was in PEI.

All talk radio Sauga 960 AM ended up doing some York 9 games as well. The person called the games remotely.

37 minutes ago, narduch said:

I can't remember the 2019 season but at the Island Games TSN Ottawa sports radio station covered the Atletico games. 

I believe the same announcer also did some games for TSN Hamilton and TSN Winnipeg.

The announcer was in PEI.

All talk radio Sauga 960 AM ended up doing some York 9 games as well. The person called the games remotely.

Would be interested to investigate if there are indeed rights, but given it's the same person is a tad worrying.

I have almost 2-3 months to find out thankfully.

1 minute ago, Ingham said:

Would be interested to investigate if there are indeed rights, but given it's the same person is a tad worrying.

I have almost 2-3 months to find out thankfully.

That might have just been covid related.

The one bad thing is that TSN axed their Hamilton talk sports station.

31 minutes ago, narduch said:

That might have just been covid related.

The one bad thing is that TSN axed their Hamilton talk sports station.

I am doing Peruvian Liga 1 games (which used to have rights) and Libertadores games, right now I'm not the best option as I'm still in practice mode, but in 2-3 months I will be more than ready. I'd be happy to commentate on the CanPL. I even have my home studio with a professional mic and interface. The big problem is finding someone to co-commentate.