• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite moment of the first half.

My favourite moment of the second half:  

I am just damn excited to see 11 guys on the pitch wearing the maple leaf.  Don’t care about U23, B-/C+, who isn’t there, etc.  I just want to watch Canada play some meaningful international footy.  W

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Wait a minute, that's not how advantage works.  You don't give them a chance to finish the play and then give them a second chance because they're garbage.

I remember during TFC’s Champions League run for one game we had a ref who came and did a game he was from Saudia Arabia I think and what a difference he was from these CONCACAF refs who had done the majority of TFC’s Champions League games  up until then.

Very good half for most. Aside from the obvious, the midfield has been very competent. Baldisimo's being much more careful with his longballs - looking more like Eustaquio. 

Brym having trouble holding possession, and I'm still terrified defending set pieces. El Salvador have had plenty of good looks from missed clearances. I think we need better outlet options than Cornelius/Montgomery... they've made a few gaffes. 

Every time we spark a counter-attack on the wings, we look very dangerous.

2 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Tajon and Baldisimo were the standouts for me. I thought Tabla started poorly but his pressing's been very effective and he seems to be getting a bit more comfortable.

Also this ref doesn't know the rules of the game.

I thought Ballou was fire from the start.

I disagree with most it seems. I think we've been very poor(aside from Buchanan). We're way better than this. It was sloppy, poor mistakes, our guys haven't played with much intensity or aggression. We've given them too much respect, go in and close them down. We're better than this team by a bigger margin than we've shown (Aside from the scoreline and I know that's what matters but still). 

4 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Tajon and Baldisimo were the standouts for me. I thought Tabla started poorly but his pressing's been very effective and he seems to be getting a bit more comfortable.

Also this ref doesn't know the rules of the game.

I disagree about Tabla.  He has been involved, didn’t get a couple of calls, passed to Tajon for the opener, and has even tracked back a couple of times and won back possession.  We aren’t going to have everyone stand out the way Tajon has.  

Spoke too soon about Godinho he has settled down and been very good the rest of the half. Same with Tabla, though he should come off since he's on a yellow and defending really aggressively.

Cornelius usually looks pretty composed but he's losing it a bit right now. Not ideal from your captain. We're giving ES too many openings, though in fairness their defense is giving us openings too.

Also fuck this ref

Quick halftime thoughts:

Ref is DOGSHIT, won't be surprised if someone gets sent off. He's the only reason I'm feeling anxious.

Buchanan being dangerous like we expected, he's really good when he has space outside the box whenever I watch him

Pantemis is looking great. Good, calm distribution and making good saves.

The whole backline is doing well enough cutting out chances, just on the ball they look shaky. Cornelius looks like a man out there but the ref will probably send him off for winning headers fairly. Montgomery also looking good.

We look good when we attack but we need to stop giving them so many chances.

I think we've looked slow making decisions but that happens when there's no chemistry yet.

I think 2nd half we'll bunker. Conditioning is going to be an issue and we need to sub to the max(even Ballou who I think looks good- even passionate/trying to prove something). 

I think we'll let in a goal and it will be a nervous 2nd half... I hope I'm wrong and Dias slices them open with some passes but again chemistry will be an issue... maybe Bair comes on and bullies a tired defender for one? 

Either way happy to be watching ANY men's national soccer!