Noah Kenshin Browne

nolando

No credit for uncovering this curious and seemingly Canadian-born and eligible player now playing professionally in Japan at J2 side Mito Hollyhock. He's been featuring in the weekly updates but doesn't yet seem to have his own personal thread.

He looks to be a tall (189 cm) CF-type striker who has played in youth national teams as a U15- U17 for Japan and whose father is apparently a highly-regarded linguistics professor originally from Boston, likely making him eligible for all three nations. He will be twenty- years-old this May, as he is a 2001 born.

The Japanese-language J-League site confirms he is born in Canada: https://data.j-league.or.jp/SFIX04/?player_id=32428

Pretty active on IG: https://instagram.com/noah_browne_17?igshid=14qf7k290g98o

He's got a bit of Issey about him style-wise and looks like a Rob Friend kind of player.

I'm guessing he was born in Canada while his father was instructing at a Canadian university or something, but that's just speculation. By the look of things he could be best described as a Canadian-born American-Japanese. 

One to keep an eye on, for sure.

Screenshot_20210314-141919.png

Edited by nolando

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, Dicdan said:

yea both wiki & jleague site says he born in canada, he is Yokohama F-Marinos product

as nolando said, he is kinda Rob Friend due to his size

last season he had some minutes playing in japanese D3

How has he been doing?

As an aside, I wish more posters like you would use this section to create individual player threads.  That has been a pet peeve of mine since this forum was re-structured:  the main CMNT thread gets plugged with too many individual player threads for very young guys who have barely started their careers.  I think they should by all means continue to be referred to in "Canadians Abroad" but their individual threads stay in here until they reach a particular standard i.e. capped for us at U17, possibly, or first team pro appearance achievement).  When that happens, that player earns the privilege of being "capped" and having his thread moved to the CMNT.  Rite of passage, I guess.  

Others' thoughts?

On 8/6/2021 at 4:28 AM, BearcatSA said:

How has he been doing?

As an aside, I wish more posters like you would use this section to create individual player threads.  That has been a pet peeve of mine since this forum was re-structured:  the main CMNT thread gets plugged with too many individual player threads for very young guys who have barely started their careers.  I think they should by all means continue to be referred to in "Canadians Abroad" but their individual threads stay in here until they reach a particular standard i.e. capped for us at U17, possibly, or first team pro appearance achievement).  When that happens, that player earns the privilege of being "capped" and having his thread moved to the CMNT.  Rite of passage, I guess.  

Others' thoughts?

He's been transferred to Mito HollyHock, which is probably a good move for him to get more playing time, away from a big top-of-the-table team in Yokohama to a mid-table team in J2, in the burbs of Tokyo.