WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

2 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Official statement from FIFA: The match is postponed to 6 PM ET tomorrow as the Cayman Islands did not submit the required COVID-19 testing information on time.

What the actual fack. 

I thought they are the wealthiest Caribbean country. 

They left the test kits at home or forgot to hit the submit or send email button? 

Well I mean the one positive is , it does not even say "tested positive for covid" ( make of that what you want I guess)

FIFA is saying the Cayman Islands was not able to submit the required testing information in time.

So they could all be negative but they just missed the deadline to submit their results?

Let's hope that's the case! 😀

Edited by jtpc

The protocol (based on insurance and legal requirements from fifa and the clubs is very strict and if any country does not adhere to it( on time or the wrong test) the game has to be postponed as it protects the players. Yes it’s frustrating but it’s about protecting the players (if they are put at risk they may not be released next time)...

let’s hope the paperwork and tests can be sorted and the game goes ahead tomorrow 

Our first two opponents this window: 

Team #1: does a training camp in Florida weeks before and gets a covid outbreak through squad. 

Team #2: team doesn't do proper testing or submit proper covid testing before game. 

CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF. 

Hope the game happens tmwr and we smash them! :)

gonna be a wild and fun window!!!

7 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

What the actual fack. 

I thought they are the wealthiest Caribbean country. 

They left the test kits at home or forgot to hit the submit or send email button? 

Well I mean the one positive is , it does not even say "tested positive for covid" ( make of that what you want I guess)

I didn't catch exactly what was said, but on the OneSoccer pregame show they mentioned something about the Caymans not getting their tests from a FIFA sanctioned testing centre. They likely couldn't get tests or test results from a sanctioned facility on time, leading to the postponement. As @spitfire mentioned, FIFA is very particular about protocol.

So this frees up my schedule a bit, let's see what else is on----Sweet Sixteen maybe...?

Seriously, though, why don't they push the time ahead a bit so players can get out earlier? Or are they just going to take the same scheduled flights Tuesday they would have tomorrow?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

18 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The protocol (based on insurance and legal requirements from fifa and the clubs is very strict and if any country does not adhere to it( on time or the wrong test) the game has to be postponed as it protects the players. Yes it’s frustrating but it’s about protecting the players (if they are put at risk they may not be released next time)...

let’s hope the paperwork and tests can be sorted and the game goes ahead tomorrow 

One weird trick.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida