WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

49 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I think that's a bit harsh. Millar has a wicked laser like shot, just needs the right opportunity. He is obviously being asked to be more of a provider, but I hope he pops one anyway. 

I mean his professional record for goals says otherwise. At the pro level it seems he'll be a more assist generating winger. Which is a profile that's good for Canada.

50 minutes ago, Cblake said:

How would the Cayman Premier League , where most of the lineup for them tonight played, compared to the CPL or even rank among Caribbean Leagues?

Lol a population of 60000 people probably no better than your local Sunday morning league in your local Canadian city .

Some random thoughts:

Ricardo Fereirra looks like he just came off the set of the Portuguese re-make of Das Boot. Or the Portuguese re-make of Dune. It's the same actor I am thinking of who was in both.

The Cayman Island's Coach looks like a fatter older version of Piette.

The 4th Official looked like the sister of American ref Chris Penso.

Ted Unkel's pointing to the PK spot looked less emphatic that I was hoping for.

If Suriname could only beat this team 3-0, they presumably will need a massive upgrade of their Dutch players to cause us trouble.

Edited by Gian-Luca

Just now, El Hombre said:

*wink wink*

I changed my post immediately as I realilsed it did not come out very well. Damn quotes.

No one touched my comments about hearing the Spanish teens chatting behind the goal the whole time, but I had a feed that was no commentary, just mikes. If I had been asked about that it could have been an even worse comment from me.

Checking Cayman scores. Lost 3-0 to Suriname. Earlier in Nations League they beat French St. Martin 1-0 and lost to them 3-0, vs US Virgin Islands won 1-0 and then 2-0, beat Barbados 3-2 and lost to them 3-0. 

Worst loss in recent years was 4-0 vs. Jamaica in 2018. 

So we did well, and no doubt they did not have their best day.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

If nothing else it’s nice to flex on Suriname. They just won 3-0? Also crazy that Barbados nearly drew Panama away and lost this team.

Basically all the other Pot 1 v Pot 4 matches played yesterday were close. 

So do we trot out a similar line up for Aruba than play our true A team 3 days later? We may only need a 1-0 win over Aruba to maintain our Goal difference advantage 

Hate running up the score but basically a tie against Suriname and we're thru. So Sorry not sorry. At least our guys didn't roll around on the ground making fart sounds. They played hard and respectful and it was nice to see a guy like Phonzie still express genuine joy for scoring in such a situation 

Edited by SpursFlu

4 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

is it possible that the Suriname game could be played in Canada?

if the covid rules change?

Bontis mentioned that last week - that he was hopeful the next window matches could be played in Canada with limited attendance. Personally, I believe that is highly unlikely given it’s only 8 weeks away (that’s not my opinion of whether it should or shouldn’t be played in Canada but my belief that the authorities wouldn’t let it happen). By September is more likely IMO.

8 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

is it possible that the Suriname game could be played in Canada?

if the covid rules change?

Its Canada bruh..  there aren't no covid rules changing unless you mean for the worse

Edited by SpursFlu