WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

On 3/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Changed made.

Also,

Dayne St. Clair
Frank Sturing
Cristián Gutierrez
Jayden Nelson

better all play vs the Cayman Islands because our U24 squad (likely) could have used all of them.

My wishlist:

-Gutierrez on as left back on or before the 60th (send Davies further up the pitch?)

-Unlike @dyslexic nam I'm not on the Jayden Nelson hype train but if he wasn't with the U24s, send him on before the 80th minute (for Larin?)

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I had to look: most goals by different players in a single match. According to this it could be eight, although the source is mostly England. I have no doubt some friendly had more, but regardless: let's go for it:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/24/most-goals-scored-different-players-single-game-football-the-knowledge

Let's send Crépeau up the pitch on set pieces! ;)

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Let's send Crépeau up the pitch on set pieces! ;)

I find this entertaining, and think we should keep scoring. But I think we should respect our opponent. Playing hard and scoring is fine, but showboating with the keeper could be a bit nasty. And then someone from Cayman, who are not being aggressive so far, comes in a bit fed up and breaks an ankle of one of our guys. And maybe we could have saved him that.

Edit: I had to check: in the famous Australia 31-American Somoa 0, there were seven different scorers, with Thomspon netting 13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

21 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Millar is not a good finisher but if he can continue to be a force in delivering balls and assists there's no need.

I think that's a bit harsh. Millar has a wicked laser like shot, just needs the right opportunity. He is obviously being asked to be more of a provider, but I hope he pops one anyway.