WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Except I think your read on the situation is way off if you look at the exchanges objectively.  

There is nothing objective about it. You’re looking at the exchanges subjectively, as am I. It’s just a difference of opinion, which is fine. The insults on either end are not called for. I am sure we’d agree on that. 

15 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

When you clearly state that "there is no risk here" and that it is "nothing worse than the common cold for those under 75", you are diminishing the experience of those that have had people close to them suffer (or worse) due to this.

And he wasn't questioning anything.  It was quite clear that the statement that ended in a question mark was asked rhetorically because he provided an answer in the sentence immediately following.

Again, more than happy to continue this discussion in the appropriate thread.

Edit: "you" means the general you and not the specific "you"

Fair enough on the first paragraph. I don’t think we should pretend he wasn’t questioning the need for such stringent testing. Maybe I have blinders on though... @WyattTaylor can clarify though. Let it come straight from the horses mouth. 

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

There is nothing objective about it. You’re looking at the exchanges subjectively, as am I. It’s just a difference of opinion, which is fine. The insults on either end are not called for. I am sure we’d agree on that. 

Fair.  But I think your subjectivity is a lot more influential when it comes to judging the exchange.  

Anyway, I don’t expect you to agree.  

Jesus Christ you guys sound like fucking children. I can’t even escape people arguing about covid on a Canada soccer forum. 

Life pro tip: someone will always have a different opinion than you, and you will never change someone else’s opinion, nor should you give a shit to try. If someone thinks covid is a global conspiracy, then good for them. Anyone who chooses to engage in argument over someone else’s opinion is a complete dumbass in my books and lacks the maturity to understand that everyone has a right to their own view. This is a soccer forum, if you want to argue about covid, go find the appropriate arena. 

2 hours ago, WyattTaylor said:

Relax buddy. I assume you’re one of those who wears three masks and refuses to leave his mom’s basement. Sorry if I offended you.

I think I proved my point with the way this thread has gone. Was clearly going to get toxic af as soon as you posted what you posted. Which compounded by being told I “live in my mom’s basement” lol as if you have any idea anything about me.

Edited by archer21

With Suriname's result over Aruba today (6-0), we clearly are in a goal difference battle. Right now they got 3 over Cayman and are up 9, and I really do believe we have to go for more. Because our final match might come down to that, if we are drawn on points and they decide to play for a draw as the goal average benefits them. 

I much prefer to go into Suriname up on goals, so the draw favours us, they have to push, and we can hit them on the counter without having to stress out about running up a score.

1 hour ago, WyattTaylor said:

Ah yes! Banning people for expressing an opposing opinion. I have a feeling you’re a really great guy!

Someone who thinks that Covid is just a big conspiracy isn't espousing an opinion, unlike someone, like yourself, who things lockdown might have been a bit harsh (though the much lower death rate in Canada than many places like USA and UK does show many lives were saved).

It's either mental illness or terrorism. Letting people express thoughts that are clearly false, isn't healthy - and that is what should be eliminated - not simply opinions.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I find it really interesting that you frequently jump to the defence of people like this. You don’t engage in a disrespectful way but you definitely have blinders on sometimes for those that share your personal views.  

I wouldn't say he has blinders on.

I find Obinna is the most respectful and level headed guy on this forum. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and he embodies that belief. Obinna takes the emotion out of the situation. I am learning from him myself. I was about to say something really vulgar and emasculating to UT but I relaxed, took a breath, and poured myself another pint.

Let's do that more on this forum, bite the tongue, take the emotion out of it, stop calling each other covidiots, tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists, basement dwellers, etc. 

Btw @Unnamed Trialist even though you have said some nasty things about me, I still consider you a brother, like anybody else here. 

53 minutes ago, narduch said:

I know a guy that is 52 and died from Covid. So yeah, its not just a cold.

Just dead lift 300 pounds bro, it will cure COVID.

Obviously I'm being facetious here. 

Edited by Macksam

Sigh. “Opinions” mean nothing when the stats and info about covid are there for all to see. 

Nearly 3 million have died worldwide so far, plus excess deaths not included in that number. The fact that there’s no ICU room among other things will lead to even more preventable deaths. 

If you’re young there’s still the chance of other health problems happening, some of them we don’t fully understand yet. I’ve read a lot about lung, brain, and heart problems in normally healthy people. My cousin got it a few months ago and lost her sense of taste and smell for a while. 

There’s a reason why it’s a worldwide pandemic. Anyways, it’s really disappointing this game was pushed back today and hopefully we don’t lose too many of our attacking players for tomorrow if they need to fly back. 

2 minutes ago, shorty said:

Damn nfitz, UT had us going in the right direction for, like, two seconds...

Hey, I hadn't checked in for over an hour ... I had no idea what had transpired after that post - but the individual seemed to be taking a comment personally, when I hadn't seen them actually claim Covid was just a big conspiracy.

Edited by nfitz

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Sceptical this game goes ahead tmrw but we can hope. 

If you are concerned about too much chatter, you could just do one post rather than two.

Hopefully ... but I still really wish they'd have just delayed things until June. I'm not sure letting people travel all over the world and return home again in March is a great idea. Maybe in June.

Just now, nfitz said:

If you are concerned about too much chatter, you could just do one post rather than two.

Hopefully ... but I still really wish they'd have just delayed things until June. I'm not sure letting people travel all over the world and return home again in March is a great idea. Maybe in June.

The schedule can't handle it. We are already playing WCQ 4 games in June. 

1 minute ago, BrennanFan said:

The schedule can't handle it. We are already playing WCQ 4 games in June. 

WCQ ends many months before the World Cup. I don't think simply eating into the summer 2022 period (which surely should be relatively available given it's traditionally used for the World Cup) is a worse option than the potential risk of Covid spread from having played the March WCQ.