WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

38 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

20 posts in and this is how you choose to engage.  Bravo. 

I’m sorry I haven’t posted 10 times a day for the last 12 years. 

I’m not going to engage in this discussion any further other than to say that I think it’s absurd that they are taking such precautions when there hasn’t even been a single positive test. Or even reports of anyone being symptomatic.

The lengths to which society has gone to contain a virus that frankly isn’t nearly as dangerous or contagious as initially thought makes no sense. Perhaps I’m a Covidiot (very clever!), but I just don’t understand it.

And the fact people get so insulted when anyone questions any of these public measures shows how politicized COVID has become. People in this forum are in tears (narduch, sebdeserio, etc.) because someone had the audacity to say that maybe these restrictions are a little over the top.

Anyway, go soccer!

Edited by WyattTaylor

16 minutes ago, WyattTaylor said:

Protecting them from what? A virus with a 0.001% fatality rate. There is no risk here. They’re pro athletes. My girlfriend and I both had covid and frankly the common cold is more severe for people sub 75. What a joke.

That was syphillis from the symptoms you are describing. 

Did you tell your wife?

10 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Others think it’s a big conspiracy.

Surely those who are mentally disturbed enough to think that Covid is just a big conspiracy, also are wearing tin-foil hats to protect themselves from radio waves! Do we really have to have this discussion here, rather than referring such individuals to mental health services and banning them?

5 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Surely those who are mentally disturbed enough to think that Covid is just a big conspiracy, also are wearing tin-foil hats to protect themselves from radio waves! Do we really have to have this discussion here, rather than referring such individuals to mental health services and banning them?

Ah yes! Banning people for expressing an opposing opinion. I have a feeling you’re a really great guy!

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I don’t see why anyone would need to travel early and miss the match. No ones playing until the weekend right. Flying out early Tuesday doesn’t really change the equation I would think

You wouldn't think it would be a problem but who knows about availability of flights and whether these can even be changed at the last minute?

Had a thought, if the belief that Herdman was truly given the option to take the 3-0 vs playing the game, he must have belief that he can keep a majority of the Euro squad around?  Would he risk that score line on a pure NA out of season squad?  

also, we know Ferreira will be available....haha.  Unattached FC - 1, Voyageurs - 0

8 minutes ago, WyattTaylor said:

Ah yes! Banning people for expressing an opposing opinion. I have a feeling you’re a really great guy!

I prefer for you to be on the board because of all your great posts over the years. 

And to laugh at you for a few hours while we don't have a game to watch.

Literally, the guy has never said anything interesting here about soccer, ever. And now, true to his posting history, he's very smart to the point of being really smart about a medical question. 

7 minutes ago, WyattTaylor said:

I’m sorry I haven’t posted 10 times a day for the last 12 years. 

I’m not going to engage is this discussion any further other than to say that I think it’s absurd that they are taking such precautions when there hasn’t even been a positive test. Or even reports of anyone being symptomatic.

The lengths to which society has gone to contain a virus that frankly isn’t nearly as dangerous or contagious as initially thought makes no sense. Perhaps I’m a Covidiot (very clever!), but I just don’t understand it.

And the fact people get so insulted when anyone questions any of these public measures shows how politicized COVID has become. People in this forum are in tears (narduch, sebdeserio, etc.) because someone had the audacity to say that maybe these restrictions are a little over the top.

Anyway, go soccer!

You’re wasting your breath brother.

Others have tried asking such questions before (myself included) and were only met with insults and disrespect. Their response tells you everything you need to know about where they are at. Don’t worry about it or waste your time and energy (or theirs). You just can’t reason people out of a position they never reasoned themselves into in the first place, and fear is a powerful emotion that can override logic and reasoning.

I get your frustration man, I really do, but this is just not the place to ask those questions (sadly). People here just want to talk Canadian soccer and are not ready for their narrative to be challenged. This is a soccer forum after all. Those who are willing to talk about it will surely engage you in the Covid thread, so I suggest you take it there or to another website.

Glad to hear you recovered nicely, btw.

Cheers

1 minute ago, trc2014 said:

Had a thought, if the belief that Herdman was truly given the option to take the 3-0 vs playing the game, he must have belief that he can keep a majority of the Euro squad around?  Would he risk that score line on a pure NA out of season squad?  

also, we know Ferreira will be available....haha.  Unattached FC - 1, Voyageurs - 0

It isn’t just about the scoreline.  It is about having the boys play together again.  Even if it is against CI, and we miss a couple of Euro guys, we still need to use the opportunity to build chemistry and develop as a team.  Plus I am pretty sure we can still get better than +3 goal differential even if we lose a couple of guys.  There is basically no incentive to push for the forfeit under these circumstances.  

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

You’re wasting your breath brother.

Others have tried asking such questions before (myself included) and were only met with insults and disrespect. Their response tells you everything you need to know about where they are at. Don’t worry about it or waste your time and energy (or theirs). You just can’t reason people out of a position they never reasoned themselves into in the first place, and fear is a powerful emotion that can override logic and reasoning.

I get your frustration man, I really do, but this is just not the place to ask those questions (sadly). People here just want to talk Canadian soccer and are not ready for their narrative to be challenged. This is a soccer forum after all. Those who are willing to talk about it will surely engage you in the Covid thread, so I suggest you take it there or to another website.

Glad to hear you recovered nicely, btw.

Cheers

Re-read the post.  There is no question there.  Just the diminishing of people whose experiences haven't been as fortunate as Wyatt's.

There are plenty of people that will happily discuss these topics.  Just not when you come in guns blazing like Wyatt did.

4 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Re-read the post.  There is no question there.  Just the diminishing of people whose experiences haven't been as fortunate as Wyatt's.

There are plenty of people that will happily discuss these topics.  Just not when you come in guns blazing like Wyatt did.

He is clearly not diminishing anyone’s experience and he is just questioning the need for such stringent protocol, but it is what it is. The CSA and FIFA feel it’s necessary and like it or not that is not going to change. 

Why should the Cayman islands be rewarded with postponing the game if they didn't follow critical procedure?

If it results in Canada not being able to retain players, they should be kicked out of qualifying with all teams awarded a 3-0 victory. 

Edited by king1010

17 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Guns blazing? My initial post was pretty unimpassioned. I'm not going to qualify every comment I make with a "trigger-warning" because of the miniscule possibility that I might offend a couple weak-kneed individuals.

Also, the fact that a person relating their own experience is immediately construed as "diminishing other people's experiences" epitomizes the sorry state of modern discourse. 

Edited by WyattTaylor

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Why should the Cayman islands be rewarded with postponing the game if they didn't follow critical procedure?

If it results in Canada not being able to retain players, they should be kicked out of qualifying with all teams awarded a 3-0 victory. 

That is way too heavy handed, but there should be a fine sent their way for being late. It shouldn’t go without consequences.

1 minute ago, WyattTaylor said:

Guns blazing? My initial post was pretty unimpassioned. I'm not going to qualify every comment I make with a "trigger-warning" because of the miniscule possibility that I might offend a couple weak-kneed individuals.

Also, the fact that a person relating their own experience is immediately construed as "diminishing other people's experiences" epitomizes the sorry state of modern discourse. 

Dude wrong forum wrong thread. Go pick your fight elsewhere and stick to soccer. 

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida