WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

22 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The protocol (based on insurance and legal requirements from fifa and the clubs is very strict and if any country does not adhere to it( on time or the wrong test) the game has to be postponed as it protects the players. Yes it’s frustrating but it’s about protecting the players (if they are put at risk they may not be released next time)...

let’s hope the paperwork and tests can be sorted and the game goes ahead tomorrow 

Protecting them from what? A virus with a 0.001% fatality rate. There is no risk here. They’re pro athletes. My girlfriend and I both had covid and frankly the common cold is more severe for people sub 75. What a joke.

Just now, WyattTaylor said:

Relax buddy. I assume you’re one of those who wears three masks and refuses to leave his mom’s basement. Sorry if I offended you.

No, just sick of having to avoid all the threads that go in circles. Some people are over the top about being protective about covid. Others think it’s a big conspiracy. I really don’t care to debate it over and over again, it’s exhausting.

8 minutes ago, WyattTaylor said:

Protecting them from what? A virus with a 0.001% fatality rate. There is no risk here. They’re pro athletes. My girlfriend and I both had covid and frankly the common cold is more severe for people sub 75. What a joke.

The best thing to do is nod and move on not engage ....

Back on topic please

22 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I didn't catch exactly what was said, but on the OneSoccer pregame show they mentioned something about the Caymans not getting their tests from a FIFA sanctioned testing centre. They likely couldn't get tests or test results from a sanctioned facility on time, leading to the postponement. As @spitfire mentioned, FIFA is very particular about protocol.

For sure and rightfully so, it's just, I mean  they literally could have just read the requirements or asked any other confederation in Florida right now what they were doing. 

Oh well, hopefully we get a game tmwr!

Best case scenario: The missed deadline is the only thing that prevented today's match from taking place, not the test results themselves. If that's the case, there's still a chance every Cayman Islands player had a negative test result.

Fingers crossed everyone tests negative on both teams and the match is played tomorrow. 😀

Edited by jtpc

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida