WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

Apparently FIFA & CONMEBOL are holding talks to postpone March World Cup Qualifiers for South America as European clubs are refusing to release players.

I cannot confirm how accurate this is but if its true I wonder what that means to Qualifiers for CONCACAF.  Are they going to be postponed as well or are they going to continue with Americas based players only.

We should find out more today and tomorrow but I've read that Brazil has already postponed announcing their March roster for the qualifiers.  Brazil and Argentina are usually the first nations to relase their rosters before international matches.

Edited by Corazon

21 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Apparently FIFA & CONMEBOL are holding talks to postpone March World Cup Qualifiers for South America as European clubs are refusing to release players.

I cannot confirm how accurate this is but if its true I wonder what that means to Qualifiers for CONCACAF.  Are they going to be postponed as well or are they going to continue with Americas based players only.

We should find out more today and tomorrow but I've read that Brazil has already postponed announcing their March roster for the qualifiers.  Brazil and Argentina are usually the first nations to relase their rosters before international matches.

I think Conembol is in a much different space than Concacaf. Our schedule is a lot more tighter to work with, and a lot more teams to manage. 

They can postpone their games and still be able to finish the remaining 14 WCQ games for each team with the remaining windows in 2021 and 2022 - we don’t have that luxury even with 3 match windows.

33 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I think it's too late in the game now for CONCACAF. These matches need to be played, period.

If the matches go ahead without European based players it benefits us as at this stage. Suriname would be in trouble certainly and it would leave them in a tough spot having their top players come together for the first time in June. 

3 hours ago, Corazon said:

There is a push to play these games in Europe now.

I noticed that Africa skipped this window altogether too.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I think it's too late in the game now for CONCACAF. These matches need to be played, period.

If the matches go ahead without European based players it benefits us as at this stage. Suriname would be in trouble certainly and it would leave them in a tough spot having their top players come together for the first time in June. 

March 24th Suriname hosts Cayman Islands in Suriname. What are the chances of Cayman pulling off an upset if all players are domestic as that is in South America? 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

March 24th Suriname hosts Cayman Islands in Suriname. What are the chances of Cayman pulling off an upset if all players are domestic as that is in South America? 

I dont know what the Dutch restrictions are but Suriname is on the UK Red List, meaning their Chrystal Palace player probably won't show up.

If this is true, I'll be so pissed. 
If this is true the only people to blame would the incompetence of the CSA.

I predicted that this would be an issue considering TFC would lose about 7-8 player (Osorio, Laryea, Okello, Fraser, Shaffelburg, Priso, Dunn, Peruzza, Nelson, Marshall-Rutty. 

This is bullshit.

Just now, N1ckbr0wn said:

Of course I’ve been paying attention, Still disappointing to hear from a club based out of your own country and boasting some of its strongest home growns. 

I wasn't calling you out. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just meant the situation was obvious for everyone to see. CSA wants to play the V Cup at the same time as WCQ and OQ, yet still wants three Canadians to start for TFC.

If TFC gets through to the CCL, it'll need its Canadians. This is a tough spot from all sides, but could've partially been avoided if the V Cup final would've been played by now.

29 minutes ago, VinceA said:

No Nakhi Wells means this tie is pretty much over. He's by far their best player.

I think he ends up being there. Maybe he skips the match against Aruba a few days later.

His club Bristol City is also firmly mid table.

Edited by narduch

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

I think he ends up being there. Maybe he skips the match against Aruba a few days late.

His club Bristol City is also firmly mid table.

If he wants to there’s no reason he can’t be there. He seemed to waffle a bit and be non-committal in an interview about it a month ago. In the end he might just think it’s not worth the risk and hassle.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL