WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

11 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm curious if they make the Octagon if TSN would come in with a bid to broadcast the games. Im seeing 81k for highlights of last night's game on youtube. That seems like an impressive number.

This game is now the second most watched OneSoccer youtube video behind Humey describing the madness of Indian football and ahead of the USA win

59 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

No joke, check out the comments. It's fans of club teams checking in on their Canadian players, not Canadian CMNT fans.

Its true lol

But it also brings a very valuable lesson to the forefront. When you have players at Bayern, Besiktas, Wolves, Lille, Liverpool, Porto(potentially) etc.  It brings eyeballs, it brings credibility.. domestically and abroad. You know what Canadians are like, they almost need other people's approval before they can feel good about themselves. That why I say.. if we get to the Octagon I think Canadian soccer is about to break thru in a major way

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Its true lol

But it also brings a very valuable lesson to the forefront. When you have players at Bayern, Besiktas, Wolves, Lille, Liverpool, Porto(potentially) etc.  It brings eyeballs, it brings credibility.. domestically and abroad. You know what Canadians are like, they almost need other people's approval before they can feel good about themselves. That why I say.. if we get to the Octagon I think Canadian soccer is about to break thru in a major way

We're definitely insecure as fuck, especially when we're competing in fancy global and cosmopolitan arenas. This is why I hate Europhiles who shit on MLS and CPL, because as soon as the external view of Canadian soccer shifts they will too.

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

With those great numbers, I don’t get why the CSA isn’t  promoting jerseys or merchandise. Give a percentage of the sales to the players and boom. There should team Canada jerseys for sale with 19 Davies in every CPL/MLS team store at least. 

Not just there. Canadian Tire, SportsChek.

Heck even Walmart 

9 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

This game made me feel very comfortable with Adekugbe starting at LB going forward.

Its just nuts how fast the LB and RB situations have changed.  Not long ago we didn't have any to mention or rely on.  We actually played Henry at RB and Kaye at LB cause no one else could get the job done.  Look at us now, depth and options at both.

Now for CBs.....

Edited by costarg

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Now for CBs.....

Once everyone is healthy plus if we get Tomori and fringe guys like Zator and Didic in the CPL get going and prove themselves same with Dunn and other young players, we will be in great shape. 

Henry

Vitoria

Kennedy

Miller

Ferreira 

Cornelius

And others

14 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Once everyone is healthy plus if we get Tomori...

You gotta let Tomori go.  I get that it would be sweet, but he made his choice and it wasn’t us.  Plus according to the eligibility rules as they stand, he legally can’t play for us.  Plus he has never indicated an interest in doing so, nor indicated that he is seeking any sort of exemption from the rules.  

We lost him.  You should come to terms with that.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

You gotta let Tomori go.  I get that it would be sweet, but he made his choice and it wasn’t us.  Plus according to the eligibility rules as they stand, he legally can’t play for us.  Plus he has never indicated an interest in doing so, nor indicated that he is seeking any sort of exemption from the rules.  

We lost him.  You should come to terms with that.  

Hey I thought Ferreira was gone but now he’s with us. In the weird switches players have been making with FIFA saying OK. Anything is possible. Tomori has only played one game with England and when he was 21. So no he can switch. 

Edited by SpecialK

18 hours ago, narduch said:

People in Bermuda with One Soccer and each Canada game I gotta read comments from people that it's not on TSN

It's one of the few times where people laud the work of TSN or Sportsnet.  But they don't realize that both barely carried 50% of senior team matches and rarely any youth matches. Anyone on this forum knows the many matches we have seen via foreign streams and even radio.

And people wanting CBC to carry the match haven't realized the world has changed. CBC hasn't carried any men's matches since the 80s and don't show sports in prime time ex hockey and special events like the Olympics/Stampede.

Edited by red card

12 minutes ago, red card said:

It's one of the few times where people laud the work of TSN or Sportsnet.  But they don't realize that both barely carried 50% of senior team matches and rarely any youth matches. Anyone on this forum knows the many matches we have seen via foreign streams and even radio.

And people wanting CBC to carry the match haven't realized the world has changed. CBC hasn't carried any men's matches since the 80s and don't show sports in prime time ex hockey and special events like the Olympics/Stampede.

I've mentioned in another thread that for the previous Olympic qualifiers they were shown on TLN and streamed in the CSA website.

TSN and Sportsnet aren't interested.

11 hours ago, Aird25 said:

This game is now the second most watched OneSoccer youtube video behind Humey describing the madness of Indian football and ahead of the USA win

As Lansdude mentioned, I had noticed that there were Besiktas fans commenting on the video. Then with the above comment I wondered if it was Kerala Blasters fans pumping up the numbers for the Hume video. Sure enough, the comments on there are all "Humettan..... Kerala fans" with over a thousand likes, "Miss you ISL legend" and more like that.