WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

44 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Laryea 100% deserves a move to Europe and I'm sure he'd excel but he has a young family and he's a local boy so he might just be happy at TFC, which may be why there aren't any rumblings around him. As a TFC fan I don't mind that one bit but as a selfish Canada fan I hope he ends up making the jump sooner rather than later.

I really like how he has emerged.  As much as he is our RB, I still believe that if played out on the left in a midfield role, in front of an attacking LB, he'd be an even more dangerous player at this stage of his career.  I know he started out as a winger in Orlando but I definitely think it's worth another look in the right type of tactical set up in MLS.

Fuckin' hell, I'm down here in the US south and yesterday I had a tornado come dangerously close (less than 5 miles) to the house.  The house is fine, but I lost power for a while and I'm just now getting the internet back on.  Damnit! Of all days for that to happen!   Anyways, I can get the U23 game from FS1, but I'm not sure where I'm gonna be able to find this game vs. Bermuda.

Does anyone know where I might be able to download a copy of this game?

5 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Fuckin' hell, I'm down here in the US south and yesterday I had a tornado come dangerously close (less than 5 miles) to the house.  The house is fine, but I lost power for a while and I'm just now getting the internet back on.  Damnit! Of all days for that to happen!   Anyways, I can get the U23 game from FS1, but I'm not sure where I'm gonna be able to find this game vs. Bermuda.

Can’t help you with the specific question but glad your house (and you) made it through okay.  Never experienced a tornado but I am sure it is damn scary.  

21 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

LOL, typical CMNT fan. Almost dies in a Tornado and all he wants to know is where he can watch the replay!!!!

On 3/12/2021 at 1:58 AM, Obinna said:

Agreed. I think his mistakes in Nations League were the last straw for some on here. You don't see him as often in our preferred line ups now. I don't know if the pundits have turned sour on him yet, however. Can you imagine Wheeler not backing him to start, for example? 

I heard him mention Henry as one of our missing stars last night along with Arfield and David. I was thinking "that's a blast from the past".

45 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Just wanted to acknowledge this expert analysis of our squad in the match preview on MLSsoccer.com...

image.png.0d818063b7f1126652252d7d13d9d386.png

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/03/20/canada-vs-bermuda-how-watch-stream-follow-2021-world-cup-qualifier

It's a shame you can't leave comments on that site anymore because that would have been worth a barbed remark or two! That might be Tristan Henry in the starting line-up they are referring to for all we know....

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

Everyone is saying we played with 2 strikers but Herdman mentioned that Larin played in the half spaces, like he does with Besiktas. So maybe it was technically more of a 4-2-3-1 with Larin at “CAM” but often becoming a striker.

Call Larin's position whatever you want. 'Second striker', 'deep lying forward' or whatever Football Manager term you want to use ;)

47 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Thanks. It's a surreal experience. I was actually at work (30 miles away) at the time where we spent 45 min. huddled in the basement riding out a different tornado!  FML!   Anyways, I was very lucky, but I have friends whose houses are pretty badly damaged.  :(

Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully everything is sorted so you can enjoy the match Sunday.

Hold the phone - Something doesn’t add up, if Hoilett and Millar was allowed to play, why wasn’t Wells and other Bermuda UK players allowed to play? 

also Crichlow was allowed play and he plays for Watford. 

it’s sad they are using Covid as an excuse! 

Edited by SpecialK

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Hold the phone - Something doesn’t add up, if Junior Hoilett was allowed to play, why wasn’t Wells allow to play?

I think we had to apply for exceptions for our UK and EU players.

Perhaps Bermuda didn't have the funds to do that.

28 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I get that but Crichlow was there and played and score a goal? 

Reading Wells’ statements the last few months he didn’t seemed that enthused about traveling at this time during the pandemic and all its restrictions. I personally think he just didn’t want to make the call and Bermuda covered for him with the excuse.

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

Call Larin's position whatever you want. 'Second striker', 'deep lying forward' or whatever Football Manager term you want to use ;)

I agree, my point was that complaining about never using the same system is a bit overblown, since the difference between what we played last night and when we play a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 is pretty minimal anyways. 

4 hours ago, spitfire said:

Hey does anyone know where I can watch a replay back of the game yesterday? Does one soccer have that? And can I access it 8n the uk?

thanks in advance 

I just watched the replay on One Soccer. Not sure if they’ll air it again, but good chance they will archive it like they did for the Olympic team.