Jump to content

WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL


Recommended Posts

With who Bermuda are missing the match changes a bit and we have to be less concerned about the counter, I do however want us to be playing a solid system that can be used as our competition improves as opposed to just throwing everyone forward! Even with the omissions I don't think Bermuda will be as poor as some of you predict and I'm not sure how well we will gel in the first match, I'm going with a cautiously optimistic 2 or 3 nil win, I wouldn't be shocked if we scored more though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s back (?)

Glad the released it finally I sat on that info for a few weeks... Liam flew out Sunday....

David flying back after the game:  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Turns out my son is in the provincial AA bball semi-finals tomorrow evening.  Super happy for him but in terms of watching the WCQ game it sucks in a huge way.

My options are basically to:

- skip the most important game of bball he has played to date (= terrible dad)

- go to his game but tune out and stream the footy game (data limitations, and terrible dad)

- go to his game and catch the very end of the Bermuda match (depends on timing, not ideal)

- catch the full game on replay, after watching the OQ game later that night - which will mean the Bermuda result will be spoiled due to inevitable in-game comments in the Honduras OQ game. 

 

Gah.   None are perfect but will likely be #3.

Parenting...

Best. Job. Ever.

Another option:

Catch both games on replay,  start with WCQ and finish with OCQ, Happy son at the end of the day and hopefully a happy father when go to bed as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lamptern said:

Another option:

Catch both games on replay,  start with WCQ and finish with OCQ, Happy son at the end of the day and hopefully a happy father when go to bed as well.

Yeah that is a possibility.  It will depend how long it takes OS to get the WCQ game replay up.  If it was up while the OQ game was on I would watch both on replay.  But it will be late here on the East coast when the second game wraps up so I would have to wait until Friday to watch them - and I don’t see that happening.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah that is a possibility.  It will depend how long it takes OS to get the WCQ game replay up.  If it was up while the OQ game was on I would watch both on replay.  But it will be late here on the East coast when the second game wraps up so I would have to wait until Friday to watch them - and I don’t see that happening.  

Adjust volume to 0 when you watch OCQ. Problem resolved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Turns out my son is in the provincial AA bball semi-finals tomorrow evening.  Super happy for him but in terms of watching the WCQ game it sucks in a huge way.

My options are basically to:

- skip the most important game of bball he has played to date (= terrible dad)

- go to his game but tune out and stream the footy game (data limitations, and terrible dad)

- go to his game and catch the very end of the Bermuda match (depends on timing, not ideal)

- catch the full game on replay, after watching the OQ game later that night - which will mean the Bermuda result will be spoiled due to inevitable in-game comments in the Honduras OQ game. 

 

Gah.   None are perfect but will likely be #3.

Parenting...

Best. Job. Ever.

So you're going to be glued to this thread on the phone during your son's game. Got it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yohan said:

So you're going to be glued to this thread on the phone during your son's game. Got it ;)

 No - that isn’t an option.  Can’t be one of those parents.  Plus I really do love watching them play.  They went 10 and 0 in the regular season and won their first playoff game last night.  Two more wins and their school will be provincial champs for the first time in about 15 years.  Gotta watch that happen.   
 

But the saving grace is that I just found out his game is around 6:00 Atl (5:00 eastern) so I think I am actually good. The other team has a 2.5-3 hr drive so I expected a later game, but that stars are aligning. That is a good omen.  
 

If all goes well, I will get to cheer on 3 winning teams tomorrow.  

Edited by dyslexic nam
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

 No - that isn’t an option.  Can’t be one of those parents.  Plus I really do love watching them play.  They went 10 and 0 in the regular season and won their first playoff game last night.  Two more wins and their school will be provincial champs for the first time in about 15 years.  Gotta watch that happen.   
 

But the saving grace is that I just found out his game is around 6:00 Atl (5:00 eastern) so I think I am actually good. The other team has a 2.5-3 hr drive so I expected a later game, but that stars are aligning. That is a good omen.  
 

If all goes well, I will get to cheer on 3 winning teams tomorrow.  

Can we get an update after the game?

@Olympique_de_Marseille do we need a game thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s gammeee day.

It seems that the gaffer has been reading the board, and is finally willing to accept that Davies is our most dangerous attacker.

I hope to see:

——————Larin————-
Hoilett———————-Davies

—————Hutchinson———
———Kaye——-Eustaqiuo 

Adekugbe-Miller-Vitoria-Laryea 

I predict a 4-0 slaughter, goals by Hutch, Larinx2, and Miller off the bench. Davies will have a few assists.

 Aye oh, Let’s gooooooooooooooo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really disappointed I won’t be able to watch. With my current lifestyle (stay at him dad with a child who sleeps very little and wakes for the day at 5am) plus the time difference (4h ahead), I’ll be looking for highlights in the morning. 
 

Based on the matches played in 2017 with our home based players, I think our almost full squad should win comfortably.  I’d say 4-1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shway said:

It’s gammeee day.

It seems that the gaffer has been reading the board, and is finally willing to accept that Davies is our most dangerous attacker.

I hope to see:

——————Larin————-
Hoilett———————-Davies

—————Hutchinson———
———Kaye——-Eustaqiuo 

Adekugbe-Miller-Vitoria-Laryea 

I predict a 4-0 slaughter, goals by Hutch, Larinx2, and Miller off the bench. Davies will have a few assists.

 Aye oh, Let’s gooooooooooooooo

Herdman has hinted that he doesn't view Larin as a pure 9, and he's probably right, he's been thriving on the wings with Besiktas. The good thing of Larin being to adapt to a wider role means there is room for both him and Cavallini to see the field simultaneously, which personally is not something I would have imagined possible even a couple of years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t remember if I asked this before but do you guys know if a VPN (specifically Nord) and a onesoccer subscription would work to watch the game tonight for those not in Canada. I was using VPN + DAZN for a while until it stopped working.

I’m not sure I can trust my usual streaming sites to have tonights match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

I can’t remember if I asked this before but do you guys know if a VPN (specifically Nord) and a onesoccer subscription would work to watch the game tonight for those not in Canada. I was using VPN + DAZN for a while until it stopped working.

I’m not sure I can trust my usual streaming sites to have tonights match.

Believe the game is being streamed in the US.

Would your One Soccer subscription still not work outside Canada?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, narduch said:

Believe the game is being streamed in the US.

Would your One Soccer subscription still not work outside Canada?

I don’t have a one soccer subscription and I’m in Europe. On the onesoccer website it says their service works worldwide except CMNT matches unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

I don’t have a one soccer subscription and I’m in Europe. On the onesoccer website it says their service works worldwide except CMNT matches unfortunately.

The Bermuda FA and media keep mentioning that the match is on One Soccer. I wonder if they will make an international 'free' version available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...