2021 Concacaf Champions League

25 minutes ago, Shway said:

Second leg will be very interesting....especially if Pozuelo, or Osorio is available. 
There was a lot of room to play with in that middle. But kudos to the young guys. 

As much as I want Bradley to play less, he is always playing hard. Looked a lot more livelier than  usual.

He's fresh, rested.  Its too bad he so rarely gets rotated out... he needs rest, not an iron man anymore.  Especially, when there are hungry young guys dying for a shot.  

17 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Check out the insane tackle from the Union-Saprissa match - apparently this foul is worth the same punishment as the mild shoulder barge from Laryea since he also got a yellow for that. Nice to see consistency across Concacaf officiating!

That is a crazy tackle.  Potential leg breaker.  Hilarious that it was only a yellow.  

What a joke of a ref interesting to see if this guy gets any extra punishment by CONCACAF the player who dived in like that . But yet they will come down on things like Peschisolido for abusing the corner flag back in the day or what did Oliver Ocean do where his was suspended for all that time , minor stupid crap they are all over it and give out suspensions that don’t go with the crime, but shit like this crazy tackle they don’t give out lengthy suspensions what a joke.

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Check out the insane tackle from the Union-Saprissa match - apparently this foul is worth the same punishment as the mild shoulder barge from Laryea since he also got a yellow for that. Nice to see consistency across Concacaf officiating!

While everyone's pushing and shoving nobody is worried about the poor player on the ground😁.

11 hours ago, SoccMan said:

What a joke of a ref interesting to see if this guy gets any extra punishment by CONCACAF the player who dived in like that . But yet they will come down on things like Peschisolido for abusing the corner flag back in the day or what did Oliver Ocean do where his was suspended for all that time , minor stupid crap they are all over it and give out suspensions that don’t go with the crime, but shit like this crazy tackle they don’t give out lengthy suspensions what a joke.

If it were me I'd be suspending the player for the rest of the tourney (even though that might only be one more game as far as his team is concerned if they don't pull off a comeback in leg 2).

Twellman is calling for a 6 game ban, just waiting now for Altidore to chime in by suggesting that Twellman is only saying this because it was a big, strong, powerful tackle and Twellman is a "white boy".  😉

33 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

If it were me I'd be suspending the player for the rest of the tourney (even though that might only be one more game as far as his team is concerned if they don't pull off a comeback in leg 2).

Twellman is calling for a 6 game ban, just waiting now for Altidore to chime in by suggesting that Twellman is only saying this because it was a big, strong, powerful tackle and Twellman is a "white boy".  😉

If it were me as well as further suspension for the offending player that ref should be relieved of his duties, if that isn't a Red Card in his eyes he should not be in charge at this level!

5 hours ago, gator said:

If it were me as well as further suspension for the offending player that ref should be relieved of his duties, if that isn't a Red Card in his eyes he should not be in charge at this level!

He may have a future career as a whistle-blower. A literal one that is. 22 players in a scuffle at the end of the match and all he could do was to blow his whistle constantly while it was going on  instead of you know, maybe speaking to someone or threatening them with expulsion.

22 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Why is Dorsey there , put a fucken Canadian in there seriously !

Why would anyone care where he's from?  My gosh there were more Canadians on the pitch at times for Toronto than non-Canadians. And far more Canadians that you ever see English in a Premier league match. Leon seemed to have less Mexicans at times than TFC had Canadians.

If we want to win these competitions, we need to put that kind of partisan BS behind us.

21 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Why would anyone care where he's from?  My gosh there were more Canadians on the pitch at times for Toronto than non-Canadians. And far more Canadians that you ever see English in a Premier league match. Leon seemed to have less Mexicans at times than TFC had Canadians.

If we want to win these competitions, we need to put that kind of partisan BS behind us.

I understand why Dorsey was on the bench and in fact came into the match, something you and others have to realize is we are not all TFC fans and many of us watch it for Canadian content, Lille is a good example of that, not many on here would have watched one minute of their matches if it weren't for David! Calling it partisan BS on a Canadian Soccer supporters board is maybe harsh, I'm sure many would not watch TFC without Canadian content!

17 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I have no problem with putting in a non Canadian if he is proven and has experience but a guy like Dorsey is no better or worse than any of the other young Canadians. In most countries the import player has to be viewed as being better than the domestic player. If the non domestic player is not any better than the domestic player they usually are not signed. That’s the mentality that this organization hopefully starts to use. Toronto sits in a hotbed of youth soccer there is a lot of young talent here . Yes bring in the proven imports , but no need for them if they are just average, give those spots to a young Canadian that one day might be better than just average. 

48 minutes ago, gator said:

I understand why Dorsey was on the bench and in fact came into the match, something you and others have to realize is we are not all TFC fans and many of us watch it for Canadian content, Lille is a good example of that, not many on here would have watched one minute of their matches if it weren't for David! Calling it partisan BS on a Canadian Soccer supporters board is maybe harsh, I'm sure many would not watch TFC without Canadian content!

Still, it's endless. It doesn't have to come up in every thread. Especially when this match saw more Canadians involved than most!

My gosh, in other groups, I've been skewered for commenting that perhaps Arsenal should have at least one English player! Here, 7 isn't good enough! 

Surely this season, we are looking at what most be the most Canadian squad ever. We'll see if those who've commented in the past that they'd support TFC if they were putting as many Canadians in the line up as Montreal and Vancouver were serious!

I usually also prefer to put on a young Canadian over some American, but can't really fault Toronto last night. However, even the commentators last night mentioned Buchanan and the draft and then one of them said they dobt want to go there. Obviously alluding to the fact Toronto took Dorsey over Buchanan.

21 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

You mean this ugly challenge by Bocanegra in "that" match?

Yup.  That's the one.  My bad.

For some reason my default Ugly American is always Dempsey (who I quite liked actually).  Don't know why?  Oh, wait.  Thought about if for a second.

11 hours ago, gator said:

Although for what it’s worth, according to Matt Doyle on the latest mls extra time podcast, it was a third string team for Cruz Azul.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Is this what's keeping Joel Campbell out for Leon tonight against Toronto? Seems pretty ridiculous, even though it benefits our guys. 

On OneSoccer Today trusted news source Gareth Wheeler speculated that he might not be able to go the US for the game due to being in Europe recently.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

On OneSoccer Today trusted news source Gareth Wheeler speculated that he might not be able to go the US for the game due to being in Europe recently.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking based on the tweet @Watchmen shared. Certainly helps Toronto's chances.