2021 Concacaf Champions League

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

TFC haven't posed any threat on the right, only do so from the left largely thanks to Shaffelburg and you guys want to take him off? It's the right side of the field for TFC that hasn't produced any threats and where all the goals (including the disallowed ones have come from), that's what they need to fix in both directions.

I watched him closely. The only threat i saw from the left side was from Morrow.  But morrow had issues defensively.   

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

I watched him closely. The only threat i saw from the left side was from Morrow.  But morrow had issues defensively.   

Shaffelburg set up two chances and also got a Cruz Azul player carded. I'd also say that Auro has had far bigger issues defensively than Morrow in this game as well as offensively. But they have no fullback options on the bench so I don't expect them to be subbed out.

I've just watched replays of the 4 goals on the MLS website. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing for TFC, the defending on the 2nd and 3rd goals or the fact that the players can be heard whingeing to each other, throwing blame around, after the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've just watched replays of the 4 goals on the MLS website. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing for TFC, the defending on the 2nd and 3rd goals or the fact that the players can be heard whingeing to each other, throwing blame around, after the 2nd. 

Neither match the embarrassment of being able to let Zavaleta go but deciding to bring him back instead. 

I was actually praying for Bradley to get a yellow in the 2nd half so that we'd be forced not to play him the next leg. Despite being responsible for a goal against per game the last three games and being responsible for TFC being ineffective on set pieces (does he really have to take them all?) offensively (and half the time defensively as well), that seems to be the only way the team might manage his minutes. Yes, I know he's a leader and all that, but he's too much of a liability to play every f'ing minute.

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I was actually praying for Bradley to get a yellow in the 2nd half so that we'd be forced not to play him the next leg. Despite being responsible for a goal against per game the last three games and being responsible for TFC being ineffective on set pieces (does he really have to take them all?) offensively (and half the time defensively as well), that seems to be the only way the team might manage his minutes. Yes, I know he's a leader and all that, but he's too much of a liability to play every f'ing minute.

What is he leading them into..a swamp??  If he is the leader then he should be ashamed of the lackluster performance.  I didnt expect them to win without Poz and mavinga, but that was bad..2011 Ty Harden and Andy Iro bad.  The scoreline flattered them.  

Wow 2 penalties during the last seconds of additional time.  Both games end in draws.  Going to be interesting second legs and MLS teams are consistently competing with their Liga MX counterparts.  Is this the year?  
If it isn’t this year it will be soon and then in 5 -10 years or so, my guess is MLS will be winning the championship on a regular basis.