2021 Concacaf Champions League

I think MLS teams are definitely competitive with LigaMX. I dont think there is a "year" its 1 team against the other. I genuinely don't see an MLS team winning this year. Its nothing to do with the MLS i just dont see a great MLS team involved in the competition. If I'm a gambling man I see 1 maybe 2 MLS team in the final 4 but none in the final this season

Edited by SpursFlu

On 4/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, Trois Reds said:

This is only the second time two American MLS teams have ever played each other in CCL.  Columbus/Real Salt Lake in the 2011 QFs is the other time.

Over the years I have looked over every result in the CCL, and entered each club's performances in a spreadsheet for the purposes of calculating their coefficients, and you blew my mind with that stat. I never realized how rare an occurence this is. It didn't seem like it could possibly be correct, so I had to check and you are 100% right. That's amazing and in a roundabout way really underscores Mexico's dominance of this tournament. Thanks for that!

8 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I think MLS teams are definitely competitive with LigaMX. I dont think there is a "year" its 1 team against the other. I genuinely don't see an MLS team winning this year. Its nothing to do with the MLS i just dont see a great MLS team involved in the competition. If I'm a gambling man I see 1 maybe 2 MLS team in the final 4 but none in the final this season

Yeah, Philadelphia has a punchers chance of making it to the final, but it doesn't look great for MLS this year. In the 3 quarter finals that have Mexican teams, the Mexican teams have the upper hand in all of them with their home legs yet to come. TFC is all but done, the other 2 are closer but it is an uphill battle for them to advance.

20 hours ago, Kent said:

Over the years I have looked over every result in the CCL, and entered each club's performances in a spreadsheet for the purposes of calculating their coefficients, and you blew my mind with that stat. I never realized how rare an occurence this is. It didn't seem like it could possibly be correct, so I had to check and you are 100% right. That's amazing and in a roundabout way really underscores Mexico's dominance of this tournament. Thanks for that!

Hey, no problem!  I'm a stats person myself, so I'm always checking on weird odds and ends like that. 

I would have liked to see Okello or Priso start for Delgado or DeLeon, I can understand Armas wanting experience in there when the tie is alive albeit barely and if or when this gets out of hand I think we will see both come in!

Auro should come one, but for Morrow who has been absolutely atrocious so far, probably the worst half I have seen him play for TFC, and not just because of his wonderful assist on the Azul goal.

There's not much on the bench to choose from. Mullins is unlikely to do anything and Endoh will bring hustle but can't beat his man. That leaves Okello as the only player off the bench that might feasibly create something.

44 minutes ago, Shway said:

And just like that I want to see Westberg come Saturday.

I don't understand the complaints about Bono on that goal. With the ball that far away from goal does everyone here really expect him to stand on the goal line awaiting a long distance chip? The shot was brilliant and spur of the moment. Any good keeper would be off his line anticipating the Cruz Azul striker making a run at goal and potentially putting the ball a little too far ahead of himself. Let me ask you guys this...do you think Neuer would have been stuck on his line? Give credit where credit is due...it was a brilliant shot.