2021 CPL Season General News

narduch

49 minutes ago, Kent said:

Well, that plus plummeting cases and skyrocketing vaccinations. That is the dream anyways.

I'm with it. Im just saying a Leafs playoff run taking precedent over all else is the most Toronto thing ever.  Yah go for it. Leafs Canadians game 7 hasn't got much traction out here but I recognize how special it is. Enjoy and I'm hoping you fans get some good news out there

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm with it. Im just saying a Leafs playoff run taking precedent over all else is the most Toronto thing ever.  Yah go for it. Leafs Canadians game 7 hasn't got much traction out here but I recognize how special it is. Enjoy and I'm hoping you fans get some good news out there

Well there were healthcare workers (including one of the very public lockdown advocates) allowed to go to the game tonight to watch a team that has been playing games inside for months in Ontario while criss crossing the country, while other teams (ex: York United, Forge FC, Atletico Ottawa, my kindergartner's soccer team) aren't even allowed to train outside, and kids can't go to school.

So yeah, it may be the most Toronto thing ever, but it also seems pretty accurate. Anyways, it's all moot now. Good luck to the Jets and Canadiens.

A CPL bubble I actually think whoever came up with this idea, it is actually a great idea. Bubbles have worked for the MLB and NBA when they pulled them off last year. So to see the Canadian Premier League attempt it, I just hope it can go off without a hitch.

55 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

A CPL bubble I actually think whoever came up with this idea, it is actually a great idea. Bubbles have worked for the MLB and NBA when they pulled them off last year. So to see the Canadian Premier League attempt it, I just hope it can go off without a hitch.

CPL did it last year too...

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

If thats how closely you follow CDN soccer, why should anyone take seriously anything you have to say??  

Maybe because I've been out of the loop for quite a while when it comes to Canadian soccer if that is what answers your question...I disappeared for a while because I was grieving my late brother's death and I needed a break actually. I didn't know that was a crime and I still grieve every single day and what it is taking for me not to lose my temper on you but instead I'm going to take the high road. If I knew this was the kind of treatment I was going to receive from you or anyone else, I would have just stayed gone. 

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You didnt know about the CPL season last summer, yet you knew about the NBA bubble.  

Yeah I did because I wasn't really paying that much attention to the CPL bubble not that I even have to bother explaining myself to you. Better yet I don't even know why I bother with you because you are working my last damn nerve seriously. Like I swore to myself I would keep my cool. But that being said, I'm just really proud that the CPL is even able to pull it off given all the restrictions sanctioned by the Canadian government. 

But back to the CPL itself as a whole, seeing how this league continues to improve year by year I can't help but be impressed.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah I did because I wasn't really paying that much attention to the CPL bubble not that I even have to bother explaining myself to you. Better yet I don't even know why I bother with you because you are working my last damn nerve seriously. Like I swore to myself I would keep my cool. But that being said, I'm just really proud that the CPL is even able to pull it off given all the restrictions sanctioned by the Canadian government. 

But back to the CPL itself as a whole, seeing how this league continues to improve year by year I can't help but be impressed.

Just stop, please. It’s a legitimate question based on the frequency you post on here. We are all sympathetic to your personal life as you’ve stated on here several times already. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Just stop, please. It’s a legitimate question based on the frequency you post on here. We are all sympathetic to your personal life as you’ve stated on here several times already. 

Then why feel the need to attack 

27 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Hey guys, can we cut the C#*! and get back to talking about soccer? This is the type of shenanigans that keeps people away from these message boards ...

Thank you that is all I want but yet people don't know when to leave well enough alone or don't know when to stop poking the bear

3 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

A question is not an attack.

It is when it comes across as one but either way I'm just done with it all or I'm done with the constant back and forth because I'm at the point where I'm fed up because I've taken all I'm going to take from certain posters. Now can we just get back to the topic of what this thread should be about and that is the 2021 CPL season. So that being said I'll say this Forge FC the defending champions of last season's bubble do look good.

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

It is when it comes across as one but either way I'm just done with it all or I'm done with the constant back and forth because I'm at the point where I'm fed up because I've taken all I'm going to take from certain posters. Now can we just get back to the topic of what this thread should be about and that is the 2021 CPL season. So that being said I'll say this Forge FC the defending champions of last season's bubble do look good.

Don't think anyone will bet against Forge. 

So many other teams have upped their game though and Cavalry are going for it this year. Their squad looks fantastic. HFX have real consistency and have just added a few nice extra pieces. Pacific look stronger, York if they get their signings here have a great squad. Ottawa and Valour could go either way and Eddies, yeah, Eddies just going to be Eddies 😛  

I agree that Forge FC do look good considering they replaced their biggest loss with an equally or if not better player in Jakovic and added Borges, who, despite his apparent failure in the Belgian league (not sure what happened here although I understand a coaching change did not help), will probably be one of the top leagues. However, my money this year is on Cavalry FC :)

22 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Seriously...you want to stop the back and forth and yet you come back with an absolutely ridiculous statement. Forge FC have not been allowed to train as of yet unlike most of the other teams so how do you figure they look good? Stop commenting just to hear yourself talk...I'm begging you.

18 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Seriously...you want to stop the back and forth and yet you come back with an absolutely ridiculous statement. Forge FC have not been allowed to train as of yet unlike most of the other teams so how do you figure they look good? Stop commenting just to hear yourself talk...I'm begging you.

Again it always comes back to you doesn't it? You don't know when to leave well enough alone do you? I'm at the point where I'm just fed up with you like I can't even take it anymore. I'm done biting my tongue but aren't we allowed to have opinions? Forge last I checked are the defending champions RIGHT? RIGHT? RIGHT🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡😡 They won it all last year didn't they not? So again how do they not look good after their latest acquisition? 

25 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Wait, the ridiculous statement is that Forge look like a good team? When he said that it seemed like the coldest of takes to try to get things back on topic. Absolutely Forge should be considered one of, if not the, favourite to win it all. They won it each of the first 2 years, then this offseason lost Edgar and replaced him with Jakovic, lost Novak and replaced him with Borges. I might be missing some other key changes, I'm not a Forge fan, but of course Forge look like a good team.

I don't think you would have questioned it if someone else had stated that.